View Full Version : Connection to internet

semosig
11-10-2004, 05:48 AM
I have an iPAQ 4XXX with bluetooth and wifi built in. I can get onto my web at home with my 800b wireless connection, but would like to be able to connect with my Sprint cell phone when I am away from home or office. I can connect using my laptop and a cable with Futuredial software and connecting to Sprints Vision, but haven't been able to find a way to connect my PDA to my Sprint phone and get on the internet.

Any suggestions???

yankeejeep
11-10-2004, 10:55 AM
It might be worth checking Supplynet online to see if they have a connection cable for your PPC-phone pair. If the phone can act as a dial-up modem, once cabled you should be able to access it as a Hayes-compatible. I used a Jornada 568-Sanyo cabled pairing with Sprint in the past.

victore
11-10-2004, 07:18 PM
semosig, what model is your cell phone? does it have bluetooth? if so, then you're in luck, but if sprint is like verizon, then chances are your phone wil not have bt.

semosig
11-10-2004, 08:06 PM
I am using a Sanyo 8100. Sprint doesn't have but a few bluetooth enabled phones, one is a very old sony and I see there is a new LG at Radio Shack, but I still have a year to go before I can get a new phone with a rebate.
The LG phone doesn't look as though it has near the features of the Sanyo and I have heard LG isn't one of the top cell phones out there. I have ordered a cable from Supplynet to see if it will work. (Thanks to Yankeejeep for the info) Will see how that works. I have a feeling it is going to solve the problem. Thanks all.