View Full Version : What would you do?

stsanford
11-10-2004, 04:17 AM
Hello all.
I feel that CellPhones are always a source of annoyance for me. I never have the perfect blend of all the technology i want and need in one device.

I've had the PPC Phone Edition from T-Mobile, a couple of Treos and now have a failing Motorola MPX-200.

I find the MPX 200 to be a great phone, but I can't run my time & billing software on it, as it's designed for PPC. It also has a tendency of locking up, especailly in areas of poor coverage (which when you use T-Mo for 3500 minutes a month on Long Island, is a decent portion of the day)

I jsut read the review of JAM, but it seems like a step back with no Wi-Fi. I think the MDA III / PDA2K /etc /etc. is too big and thick for what I would want, but I'm not sure how it compares to the old PPC PE.

Anyone care to give me your opinions of what I should do?

Here's what's important to me:

Obviously since I use so much air time, a real Phone, with decent phone functions.

A snappy computing / phone experience

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth would be perfect

Of course if it worked with my PPC software, that would be a definite advantage.

A decent camera would be cool, but I don't think that it would be a show-stopper if I didn't have this functionality.

I like the JAM so much in terms of looks, I was thinking that I could just put my SanDisk WiFi SD card in and have Wi-Fi. Do you think that this is kind of stupid?

Thanks, I appreciate the input.
STS

jgalindo
11-10-2004, 05:38 AM
I've got an HP IPAQ 6315. The following features make it great:

1. Builtin bluetooth and Bluetooth headset for a great phone experience.
2. Microsoft Voice Command to make phone calls and open up applications
3. Builtin WIFI for highspeed surfing
4. GPRS for when WIFI is not available
5. Keyboard for fast typing when instant messaging or emailing
6. Camera for quick snapshots
7. Builtin in bluetooth modem to connect my laptop via my pda

Needless to say, I love my pocket pc!

Chris Spera
11-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Based on what you want to do, the i-Mate JAM would be perfect for you. Sticking a WiFi SD Card in the device is not silly at all. I do it with my 2215 all the time. However, it works best (logistically) with the SD Slot is on the top, and I can't remember if the JAM's slot is on the top or not.

Either way, the JAM looks like its your best shot. Good luck, and let us know what you end up doing!