View Full Version : Today screen themes not working except for "Windows Default" and browse.

greggipaq
11-10-2004, 01:05 AM
I recently did a hard reset on my HP hx4700 due to it locking up (soft reset wouldn't fix the lock up). Since this time I noticed that the only Today themes that work are the "Windows Default" or if I load one of my own pics with browse feature. If I try using Bliss, Hp, Hp_degrees, Hp_globe1, Hp_globe2 I get a garbled screen. I noticed that these 5 themes (i.e. Bliss.tsk) are located in the Windows directory while "Windows Default" is no where to be found (must be in ROM?).

This is not really a big issue with me since the "Windows Default" is fine but I'm just wondering what is going on?

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

Gregg

Darius Wey
11-10-2004, 03:08 AM
The only reason why this may be occurring is if those 5 other themes are not designed to be run in a VGA resolution. I don't have the hx4700 so I can't test whether these themes are VGA-compliant, but that is probably the only reason why your screen may be garbled when you load these themes.

greggipaq
11-10-2004, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the reply Darius Wey,

The 5 themes did work in the past with no problems as I tested them out when I first got my hx4700.

I find it hard to believe that all 5 files got corrupted but I guess it's possible. Maybe it's something with the Today theme program?

Any other suggestions?