View Full Version : MP3 streaming over wifi

asylum
11-09-2004, 01:19 AM
Hi

I just wondered is it possible to play mp3,s over a wifi network

via a PDA with out downloading the mp3 to it?

I have a PDA with a WCF b and a netgear wifi g network

what I would like to do is view my MP3s on my PC via my PDA and then play them with it pluged into my HIFI

I kind of cheap wifi media player

Is this possible

smokinvegas
11-09-2004, 03:44 AM
There is several pieces of software that will do this. I have used resco file explorer 2003 http://www.resco-net.com/explorer_indepth.asp Just use your pocket pc and browse to the folder on your pc and tap on the mp3 and windows media player will play it. I have been mowing the lawn while listening to my mp3's on my pc. Pretty cool stuff.
:D

asylum
11-09-2004, 09:02 AM
Thanks

Thats cool I already have that software

Q: is wifi the best way or should I go for bluetooth (pros and cons)

Darius Wey
11-09-2004, 11:43 AM
Q: is wifi the best way or should I go for bluetooth (pros and cons)

Both use wireless technologies so it really depends on which one you prefer. All you really need to worry about is establishing a wireless network connection - once you've done that, it doesn't really matter whether you used Wi-Fi or BT, as all you need is a shared folder on the PC to be accessed by the PPC, and you're up and away. But IMO, Wi-Fi's fine. Some people here detest BT, while some love it. But as long as you're happy with whichever wireless technology you're using, that's fine. :D

But as a heads-up, you don't necessarily need Resco for this. The native File Explorer app included in the OS can manage network connections fine as well - although it is VERY tedious. ;)

asylum
11-10-2004, 08:57 AM
Thanks for all your help

I will let you know when I have it all set up

asylum
11-18-2004, 12:02 AM
Hi I just got my CF wifi card today but it has little or no setup docs

how do I get it to find my MP3,s on my main PC

Can anyone point me in the right direction?