View Full Version : Outpost.com SD 1gig card

pivaska
11-08-2004, 05:13 PM
About the second week of October Outpost.com advertized a Lexar 1 gig SD card with a $30 rebate. Has anyone received the card yet and gotten the rebate? There was a long thread on this concerning the rebate.

waterboy
11-08-2004, 10:59 PM
My purchase is still listed as Back Ordered. And I wonder if the rebate will be honored when, and if, I get the item. I think the form said that the rebate had to be submitted within 30 days of purchase, and if I don't get mine soon, that deadline will be past, if they count from the day of the order.

They're still advertising it for 69.99, but with no rebate.

waterboy
11-10-2004, 01:54 PM
I received notice overnight that my 1 GB SD card has been shipped by Outpost.com, scheduled for delivery tomorrow. That should allow me time to fill out and submit the rebate form within the specified time constraints.

ChunkyMonkey
11-10-2004, 02:05 PM
My card had been on backorder since 10-20. I cancelled my order a couple of days ago and ordered from Amazon.com for an even sweeter deal. I got it for $79 - $30 (for signed up for their credit card) - $20 (Mail-in rebate = $29.

I ended up getting the same exact cart for $29 after rebate!!

I should be getting the card within a week.

maikii
11-10-2004, 03:34 PM
There had been a similar deal from Buy.com, $79 -$30 rebate, for that Lexar card. THe deadline for purchase was October 9. I purchased that day, the very last day of the rebate.

THe rebate conditions said it must be postmarked within 30 days from purchase date. When it was almost November 9, and still back-ordered, no sign of it being shipped, I cancelled. (I had formerly e-mailed buy.com and asked about the rebate, no response.)

With "shipping" and CA sales tax, the total from Buy would have been over $90. A search on pricewatch.com showed the Sandisk 1 GB SD card (I don't really think there is a difference in brands) for $69, free shipping.

I'm wondering if that whole $30 rebate was a scam. Lexar gets a lot of people to order the product, but doesn't ship it until it is too late for the rebate.

waterboy
11-10-2004, 05:17 PM
My Lexar rebate form indicates that the product had to be purchased by 10/20, and the rebate filed within 30 days. I placed my order on 10/19, so I've still got a week or so to get the form submitted.

Hopefully, it's not a scam. But if it is, you can bet that I'll be filing complaints with outpost.com and submitting reviews to the various buy search engines that pop up their name or Lexar's.