View Full Version : Another battery life inquiry

Jordan Rosenwald
11-08-2004, 01:58 PM
Just got a 624mhz X30, and I have to say I'm so absurdly happy with it my brain hurts :)
But, like all things, there's been one nagging question. Battery life. Coming off my iPAQ 3985, I've found the battery life of my X30 incredibly short. I haven't run any battery tests, but I do have SPB Plus loaded on it. The battery monitor usually says I have 1 hour 50 minutes of battery life left off a full charge. This seems absurdly short to me since I know I've read reviews that said 3+ hours of battery life under moderate to heavy use (playing MP3s and such). Wanted to see what the rest of you are experiencing.

OSUKid7
11-08-2004, 02:24 PM
Spb Pocket Plus does take awhile for it to display the correct time remaining. I would trust the percentage remaining more than the time.

Jordan Rosenwald
11-08-2004, 02:38 PM
Completely agree, but like I said, I do find the battery life to be kind of short.
In a typical day I probably listen to MP3s for an hour, play some light game for an hour or so, take some notes, schedule appointments, stuff like that. On my old iPAQ I'd be down to 50-60% by the end of the day. My X30 has gotten down to 20-30%, and that's without turning on the wireless even once.

Darius Wey
11-08-2004, 03:03 PM
That can be partly attributed to the fact that your old iPAQ was running a slower processor than the one you have in your X30. Also, there may be some different features in the newer OS in terms of battery management. How many mAh is your battery?

Jordan Rosenwald
11-08-2004, 04:41 PM
I have the standard battery. What is that? 950 I think.

PetiteFlower
11-08-2004, 07:37 PM
Hi Jordan! You better let me check it out this weekend :)

Have you tried turning your processor speed down? You don't need to run at full speed if you're just playing music or most games. You could also try turning the screen off when you're playing mp3s.

I notice a difference when I run my processor at 300 instead of 200, so running at 600 could definitely make a difference, and 950 mah is really pretty small.

Jordan Rosenwald
11-09-2004, 03:03 AM
Actually, it's set to "auto" for processor speed.
Just trying to get a general feel for what other X30 users are finding with their battery life.