View Full Version : visual studio .NET + embeded visual c++ 4.0 emulator problem, help needed

Kowalski
11-08-2004, 09:58 AM
somebody please help me before i go nuts!
i have both eVc++ 4.0 and visual studio .NET 2003 installed on my computer.
before installing .NET, i was able to use windows mobile 2003 SDK with no problems and the emulator was working perfectly. After installing visual studio .NET, when i compile any application using eVc, the emulator starts but then nothing happens except an error message "error connecting to emulator".

i tried everyting including to reformat and install a fresh windows XP!!!
after reformatting, the order of installation was eVc 3.0, eVc++ 4.,0 eVc++ service pack 4, windows mobile 2003 SDK and finally visual studio .NET.

somewhere in the documentation it says " install visual studio .NET before installing windows mobile 2003 SDK", so i reinstalled the SDK but nothing changes.

somebody help me please or i'll throw my computer to the street! because this is my work computer and i cant code right now!

manywhere
11-08-2004, 11:02 AM
I think that I solved my problem by uninstalling all IDEs and SDKs. After that I first reinstalled the IDEs and did a restart. After the restart, I installed all the SDKs and tried again. It is a frustrating problem that we should be able to solve in some more easier way... :roll:

Kowalski
11-08-2004, 04:05 PM
thank you for your input, i'll try that again

Kowalski
11-08-2004, 06:22 PM
i have tried everyting, worked all day on this reading documents, installing everything at least ten times but the only thing i have achived is unbearable headache!!!

i have tried installing in this order: eVc++ 4.0, service pack 4, visual studio .NET, windows mobile SDK 2003 but still doesnt work!

somebody please help me, this was the worst day of my life!