View Full Version : Pocket Plus 2.2 Released

Janak Parekh
11-08-2004, 07:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/pocketplus/?en' target='_blank'>http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/pro.../pocketplus/?en</a><br /><br /></div>A few forum posters <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34009">noticed</a> that Spb Software has updated their popular Pocket Plus accessory to version 2.2. It's not clear what's new, apart from improved brightness controls for newer devices. If anyone has a comprehensive list of updates, let us know.

EddieH28
11-08-2004, 08:05 PM
it still does not work for ipaq 6315 devices. it makes it lock up very often and you have to soft reset a lot

Desarzens
11-08-2004, 09:28 PM
don't know either but at loeast it fixed a few bugs that prevented the prev version to work properly with my Loox 720. Mainly with the Today plugin, such as options menu, brightness control...

mr_yellow
11-08-2004, 09:36 PM
The the owner of this site *work* for SPB software house? Seems kinda strange you'd have a news story like this...

Oh, and i wish pocketplus could get the repeating alarms feature working right. it's a dud on my ipaq1940

Jeff Rutledge
11-08-2004, 09:43 PM
The the owner of this site *work* for SPB software house? Seems kinda strange you'd have a news story like this...

Actually Jason no longer works for SPB Software House (since May I think).

outdoor
11-08-2004, 11:02 PM
spb plus 2.2 solved the backlight setting bar on my imate pda2k.. it wouldn't allow me to change the setting back in 2.1 . I also think they fixed the Landscape/portrait movement of icons , where the icons changes its relative position when landscape and portrait mode are switched.

silver99
11-09-2004, 01:18 AM

Oh, and i wish pocketplus could get the repeating alarms feature working right. it's a dud on my ipaq1940

Why would it seem strange? I could care less if the owner worked there. Software is software and I appreciate any blurb about any software.

Keep em' coming - the more updates the better. I check this site several times a day. It's awesome!!!

Marcel_Proust
11-09-2004, 01:20 AM

Actually Jason no longer works for SPB Software House (since May I think).

well...it does seem like a slow news day, so we hear about 2.x updates....

shawnc
11-09-2004, 02:39 AM

Let me apologize in advance if I have misinterpreted your meaning but I'm always amazed when certain folks get indignant whenever Jason does something that may result in some additional revenue down the road. I know he no longer works for SPB, but SO WHAT if he did. That doesn't make mentioning and SPB update in HIS forum unethical. Hell, if he still worked for SPB he would be crazy not to give them preferential treatment. I'm sure this site started off as some type of enthusiasts hobby but at some point the man has got to make a living. Cut him some slack.

BugDude10
11-09-2004, 04:00 AM
And, if I remember correctly, his policy was that he would not personally comment on Spb products, so as to avoid the appearance of any bias.

Take1
11-09-2004, 04:35 AM
Just curious, but does this build fix any performance issues that SE users have encountered? I like the program, but am not willing to take a performance hit to use it on my e800 (as it has a hard enough job already with VGA and a 400 MHz processor -- even overclocked to 526 MHz).

socrates63
11-09-2004, 07:56 AM
The PPC OS of your 1940 is behind the faulty alarm feature, not PocketPlus. For details on the alarm problem, search the forums.

Bajan Cherry
11-09-2004, 09:54 AM

Let me apologize in advance if I have misinterpreted your meaning but I'm always amazed when certain folks get indignant whenever Jason does something
Well, I was surprised too to see this news (or maybe the way it is put). Not because Jason worked there or still does, but because Pocket Plus is a successful product, and spb folks do bring out good quality software, so I would have imagined that they would make the copy/press release available to the good people at ppct.

randyzon
11-09-2004, 06:30 PM
I downloaded the program. The version is still 2.1.

Jerry Raia
11-09-2004, 06:32 PM
Mine is Version 2.2, build 1649 (downloaded from Handango)

mr_yellow
11-09-2004, 08:10 PM

Let me apologize in advance if I have misinterpreted your meaning but ...

I wasn't ragging on the guy cause i thought he was pushing his employer/past employer's products. I was actually amused that if he did still work there, he could've gotten a full feature list and other information besides asking the public "It's not clear what's new, apart from improved brightness controls for newer devices. If anyone has a comprehensive list of updates, let us know."

I meant no disrespect... I just thought that was funny.

Of course, this is only funny if you were still under the impression that the guy still worked for them...

:oops:

PoweriPaq
11-09-2004, 09:34 PM
is it me or does the new version don't have the option to view space on the storage card? Can't have more than 4 icons. I went back to 2.1

ctmagnus
11-09-2004, 10:04 PM
Mine is Version 2.2, build 1649 (downloaded from Handango)

I have build 1650 and I got it directly from www.spbsoft.com.

And the "Enable Repeating Alarms Support" checkbox under Tools -> Advanced Settings... now stays checked, even though the Repeating Alarms option has been checked in the main dialog on my devices forever.

shawnc
11-09-2004, 11:26 PM

Let me apologize in advance if I have misinterpreted your meaning but ...

I wasn't ragging on the guy cause i thought he was pushing his employer/past employer's products. I was actually amused that if he did still work there, he could've gotten a full feature list and other information besides asking the public "It's not clear what's new, apart from improved brightness controls for newer devices. If anyone has a comprehensive list of updates, let us know."

I meant no disrespect... I just thought that was funny.

Of course, this is only funny if you were still under the impression that the guy still worked for them...

:oops:

Got it, thanx for clearing it up. My apologies for jumping the gun :oops: !