View Full Version : Accessing network drive over Activesync

kozak
11-07-2004, 11:08 PM
I have a h2215 and want to access my network drives on my host pc at work through the USB Activesync connection... Ok, how?

I have Pocket Mechanic and it shows I have an IP from the Activesync connection, but when I use Resco File Explorer to view computers near me, I dont' see any. I aslo don't know how I would access my networked drives.

Basically, I'm totally confused about what to do or where to start.

I basically want to access the music on our work server and play them on my PPC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sven Johannsen
11-07-2004, 11:39 PM
Can't do it. At least not over ActiveSync. While it does create a small IP network between your PPC and PC, and provides proxy services on the PC so that internet pasthrough will work, ActiveSync does not support enough of the IP suite to allow windows network browsing and access.

To access files and folders on your network the PPC must have a direct connection to the network, WiFi, wired network card, even dial in will work, but not an AS connection.

kozak
11-08-2004, 12:22 AM
I have Resco Explorer, and it is supposed to be able to map network drives over Activesync. I think my problem is that at work, my computer is part of a Domain and Resco can't see any shares.

I read somewhere on this forum where someone was able to access his shares over Bluetooth Activesync connection but using Windows XP's default network wizard. I can't run it because my Domain configures the network for me.

Anyway, sucks for me...