View Full Version : Power problems? Ipaq 3835

rcknrbn
11-07-2004, 04:19 AM
My stepson who is in college has an IPAQ 3835 as do I, we both purchased them new a couple of years ago. His 3835 has developed a serious power problem.

The unit is completely dead. He ordered a new replacement battery which he installed with no luck. You can place the unit in the cradle, no yellow recharging light, nothing. I've taken it and placed it my cradle but still nothing.

Tonight, I removed the battery from my 3835 (mistake - didn't realize that would wipe out everything - but that may be another posting!) and swapped a couple of things between the two. Both his old and new replacement batteries work fine in my 3835. I've got mine on the cradle as I type this to charge his new battery. I placed my existing (good) battery into his 3835. Same results, dead, even when doing a soft reset.

What worries me is that the yellow charging light won't even come on with his unit. Any ideas?

Jason Dunn
11-07-2004, 05:58 AM
I happened to have the same problem in an iPAQ 5450, but it turned out to be a bad battery, which you've already ruled out.

I think it's time to call in the professionals: www.pocketpctechs.com

If you sign up as a subscriber (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/subscribe.php) you can also save 10% off the repair cost, which may help. ;-)

rcknrbn
11-07-2004, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, it seems to reason that the battery issue has been ruled out. With the Ipaq 3835 selling used (in working order) on Ebay for anywhere from $60-90, I don't know that I am ready to consider sending it off for repairs just yet.

Any other ideas out there as to what may be the problem?

Thanks!