View Full Version : Chapura or "Documents to Go" equivalent software...

adrianmt75
11-07-2004, 02:35 AM
I just picked up a Dell Axim x30...

What is a Pocket PC software equivalant of chapura or documents to go.

Apparantly the software I have does not support folders in Outlook.

100thMonkey
11-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Another reason that I don't want to make the leap yet to PPCPE. I think that Outlook subfolders aren't supported but catagories are

IpaqMan2
11-07-2004, 11:54 PM
As for an equivalant of Docs to Go, I use
Textmaker and Planmaker.
I think these are considered some of the best for the PPC.

sci
11-08-2004, 07:28 PM
Ipaqman how does Textmaker and Planmaker work for you? I heard they were really slow. I'm considering them but was worried about speed.

IpaqMan2
11-08-2004, 11:38 PM
Ipaqman how does Textmaker and Planmaker work for you? I heard they were really slow. I'm considering them but was worried about speed.

Textmaker and Planmaker work out pretty well for me on my iPAQ 4355. The iPaq is running a 400 mhz processor and I usually keep it set to have about 18 to 14 megs always free for running application. Both programs load may take about 1 to 2 seconds to load up from my SD card which I think is pretty acceptable and was about the same speed it took me to load Docs 2 Go on my Clie. I just orderd a folding keyboard for my iPAQ as well and hope to be able to work more frequently on Word Documents and so forth as I am mobile.

jonathanchoo
11-26-2004, 11:00 AM
It should have been a dire warning to MS that the best word processor and spreadsheet programs on PDAs are actually on the PalmOS platform. Palm PDAs out of the box already have the best office suites included in the ROM but MS decides to give us Pocket Word and Excel. Hopefully the rumoured improvements in Magneto would not be scuppered by MS desire not to compete with their tablet PC market.

I have tried textMaker and Planmaker and while they mimicked MS Word and MS Excel quite well, I found them extremely slow. On my h4150 it takes a couple of seconds just to start Planmaker.