View Full Version : WriteSHIELD AG & C2 difference

bigkingfun
11-06-2004, 06:24 AM
I'm about to order a new supply of WriteSHIELDs but I see there are two types now - AG & C2. I've been using them for quite some time but there was always just one type before. Was the original type what is now the AG? If you've used both types, which one do you prefer?

Thanks for any advice...

LWesson
11-06-2004, 08:27 AM
I'm about to order a new supply of WriteSHIELDs but I see there are two types now - AG & C2. I've been using them for quite some time but there was always just one type before. Was the original type what is now the AG? If you've used both types, which one do you prefer?

Thanks for any advice...

Yes, the AG is the original version. The C2 is crystal clear. You can't even tell that it is installed.

So it really depends on where and how you use your unit. If glare is not an issue, use the C2. If you're outside or in the car alot, the AG would probably be the better choice.

bigkingfun
11-06-2004, 08:52 AM
Does the C2 last as long as the AG? I usually get 6 months or more before replacing the ones I've been using.

LWesson
11-06-2004, 07:31 PM
Does the C2 last as long as the AG? I usually get 6 months or more before replacing the ones I've been using.

Yes, they should, but they will probably show some marring since they are glossy. They are the identical material as the AG, just without the anti-glare coating.