View Full Version : h5555 password/fingerprint problem

strongbad6565
11-06-2004, 12:23 AM
The other day, I was messing around with my iPAQ h5555 when I went into the password settings and turned on the "fingerprint and password" option. I had already enrolled my fingers a while back - back before the problem started occurring. Whenever the fingerprint swipe / password screen comes up, it won't let me swipe my finger, and every time I enter a password character, I get this error message:

Error
Failed to start background reading (status=5,error=-102,retCode=0).
Perform a normal reset and try again.

Well, the normal reset thing never works. I even did a few hard resets, but every time, after I went through the whole "set up your Pocket PC" thing with aligning the screen and doing the appoint rescheduling example and choosing your time zone, the fingerprint/password thing came up again. Since the fingerprint won't even let me swipe my finger anymore and I accidentally chose "fingerprint AND password," this presents a problem... I can't use my PPC until I get rid of this password thing! Can anyone help me? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Deus
11-06-2004, 04:05 AM
I would try removing the battery for like 5 -8 minites. This might erase all data but you said you did a hard reset anyway.

strongbad6565
11-06-2004, 05:51 AM
Didn't work... any other suggestions?

neocortex
11-06-2004, 10:30 AM
I haven't had my iPaq 5550 very long, but... have you updated the firmware recently? Is/was your iPaq new or reconditioned?

Why not contact hp interactive support.

neocortex