View Full Version : spb plus update

Raven
11-04-2004, 04:59 AM
hi all,

just to let you all know that spb plus has a new version (ver. 2.2) available. just downloaded it and is currently testing it to see if there is any significant changes.

cheers

Dave Beauvais
11-04-2004, 06:16 AM
The only thing I've noticed so far is that it supports adjusting the backlight on the iPAQ hx4700 series. A welcome change!

OSUKid7
11-04-2004, 11:54 AM
The only thing I've noticed so far is that it supports adjusting the backlight on the iPAQ hx4700 series. A welcome change!Good to know! I'll be sure to install that when I get my hx4705 back. :D

humayunl
11-06-2004, 03:08 PM
Is there a list anywhere of new features/fixes that are part of version 2.2?

I'd just like to know what updates the new version has.

Also a question which is not new to this version but i'd like to know anyways... what's the "notification fix for WM2003" feature in SPB Plus? I noticed it after i upgraded to WM2003. I am pretty sure it has something to do with the notifications DB getting overwhelmed with duplicate entries. But there is no documentation on what the "fix" does exactly.

Darius Wey
11-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Also a question which is not new to this version but i'd like to know anyways... what's the "notification fix for WM2003" feature in SPB Plus? I noticed it after i upgraded to WM2003. I am pretty sure it has something to do with the notifications DB getting overwhelmed with duplicate entries. But there is no documentation on what the "fix" does exactly.

You guessed right. There's a bug in WM2003 that causes duplicate entries of notifications on every soft reset of the device. While it's hard to notice, they are present if you have software that displays your list of notifications. Not only can this chew up memory, it hogs system resources and has the potential to slow your system down. Pocket Plus aims to correct this and minimise the amount of duplicate entries that would otherwise be present if you were to leave the bug unfixed.

davenicholls
11-07-2004, 08:34 PM
Unfortunately this version still has the problem I reported in 2.1 where the today plugin tabs are shifted 'up' and can't be selected. Has anyone else seen this issue?

Cheers

Dave

Dave Beauvais
11-08-2004, 12:03 AM
Unfortunately this version still has the problem I reported in 2.1 where the today plugin tabs are shifted 'up' and can't be selected. Has anyone else seen this issue?

I've never seen that on any Pocket PC. (I've run Plus on three different Pocket PCs, and three versions of the OS -- PPC 2002, WM2003, and now WM2003SE.) Have you tried changing the order of the Pocket Plus plug-in in Today settings? Maybe move it above the Calendar, but below date and user info? That's where I always run mine and have had no problem such as the one you describe.

Also, are you running any other Today plug-ins? Have you tried disabling them to see if the problem remains?

humayunl
11-08-2004, 08:00 AM

Yes I have this problem and have reproduced it easily. It happens if you've changed the size of your system font to less than the default size. I used Tweaks2k2 to reduce the system font size and then installed PLUS. The tabs had disappeared.

I changed the font size back but they didnt come back.

Then I did a hard reset and installed plus first. the tabs were there.. THEN i reduced the font size and voila, the tabs disappeared.

i have since been usingit without the tabs cause i prefer the smaller fonts more than the tabs. i'm living with just one tab and am getting used to it now... i think i even like it better... saving even more space on the today screen which was taken up by tabs. :)

davenicholls
11-08-2004, 11:10 PM
[quote="humayunl"Yes I have this problem and have reproduced it easily. It happens if you've changed the size of your system font to less than the default size. [/quote]

That would make sense, I did reduce the font size for a while. l have this logged with SPB but they haven't suggested anything. I don't think I could live without the tabs so I'm back on version 2.0

Thanks for the information

Dave

ch_thom
11-08-2004, 11:35 PM
I've noticed a problem on my 4700 when altering the settings:

Select options, then highlight any of the features, then click the feature options button. The 'OK' indicator in the top right hand corner of the screen disappears. So it's not possible to exit the screen and a soft reset is required -which of course means the settings you've just made aren't saved.

I didn't have this issue with v2.0, but I can't seem to remove V2.2 cleanly enough to allow me to re-install.

If I can't manage to clean this up it looks liks a hard reset is in order - thanks SPB :evil:

jpf
11-10-2004, 01:40 AM
I had the same as ch_thom, along with today screen lock-ups.
I've uninstalled spb p+ and have duplicate many of the functions that it provides with separate programs.

lkaufma1
12-08-2004, 04:23 AM
PLus remapped my phone and hang up buuttons on my SPCS 6601 requiring a hard reset :evil: It also slowed my OS down to the point of not even being able to recognize transcription!

Nice program if it worked.... :cry:

lkaufma1
12-14-2004, 04:18 AM
bump

teq
12-14-2004, 02:03 PM
Just switched from OmegaOne Batterypack Professional to SPB Plus on my Pocket LOOX 720.

Although I liked Batterypack on the 2210, I was never really satisfied with it on the 720. SPB+ seems to be faster and more stable than Batterypack. And, it supports the 720's backlight slider...

Cheers,
teq

humayunl
12-15-2004, 10:40 AM
Ever since I upgraded my ROM to WM2003SE, the "WM2003 Notification fix" setting in my SPB Plus options has disappeared. Any idea why this happened?

Dave Beauvais
12-16-2004, 06:30 AM
Ever since I upgraded my ROM to WM2003SE, the "WM2003 Notification fix" setting in my SPB Plus options has disappeared. Any idea why this happened?
As far as I can tell, the problem is corrected in SE, so the old fixes are no longer necessary under WM2003 SE.