View Full Version : Ear Bud Owners!! How do you wear your ear buds?

yanathin
11-04-2004, 04:14 AM
Pretty random question, but I'm still curious nonetheless... For all of you that have ear buds (like the style of the ones that come stock with iPods), do you wear them with the black cloth covers on or off? I'm trying to decide which way I like it better... they're much lighter and less noticable in my ear with those black caps off, but when I have them on it almost seems like I get more bass. And we all know these things could use all the bass it can possibly get... Anyway, just curious to see how everybody wears em...

JustinGTP
11-04-2004, 05:29 AM
Lol,

I find it funny how you relate this to only iPod owners. Do you realize that these little black cloth covers come with most earbud headphones?

Anyhow, I don't wear the cloth because I don't notice a "bass" difference.

-Justin.

yanathin
11-04-2004, 05:36 AM
I find it funny how you relate this to only iPod owners. Do you realize that these little black cloth covers come with most earbud headphones?
That's true, never thought of that.. haha, oops. Guess I was just excited about my new iPod.

JustinGTP
11-04-2004, 05:47 AM
Indeed. I am looking at buying something new as well. I was looking at the new Irivers or Sony's Network Walkman!

Did you get the Ipod mini or the classic?

yanathin
11-04-2004, 05:51 AM
Classic 40gb.. It's really fun to play with, heheh.

Mark Kenepp
11-04-2004, 07:07 PM
Pretty random question, but I'm still curious nonetheless... For all of you that have ear buds (like the style of the ones that come stock with iPods), do you wear them with the black cloth covers on or off?

Comfort aside, after wearing your ear buds for a year or two, it will be a lot easier to change the cloth covers than it will be to clean all the earwax out of the nooks and crannies in the phones themselves. I expect you could even wash the covers in a little detergent.

I personally find it more comfortable with the cloth covers on but admittedly, I don’t use those types of headphones often.

Janak Parekh
11-07-2004, 12:49 AM
Comfort aside, after wearing your ear buds for a year or two, it will be a lot easier to change the cloth covers than it will be to clean all the earwax out of the nooks and crannies in the phones themselves. I expect you could even wash the covers in a little detergent.
Maybe. On the other hand, I find earbuds more comfortable without the cushions and I deal with the fact that I'll have to eventually replace them. Besides, they tend to break down after several years of use (often, one ear dies out).

--janak

Darius Wey
11-07-2004, 06:52 AM
One other reason why I don't use cloth covers? When I take the earbuds out of my ear, the cloth cover somehow still remains in my ear. Just imagine me walking around with two little black covers in my ears waiting for someone to point out the embarassing situation I am in. I've done this plenty of times, and I've decided it will not happen again. :P

Death to the cloth covers. :D

Right now, I interchange between my MDRE888LP (without cloth covers) and my MDRG74SL (with cloth covers, but these are street-style headphones so it doesn't make a difference).

tanalasta
11-07-2004, 12:34 PM
I've always found my earbuds tacky with the cloth covers on. They just don't fit right in my ear and give me a bit of a headache after a while because of the tight fit.

And somehow (probably psychological) they sound better without the covers anyway. Plus the covers keep falling off.

I have the Senn MX400's - nice, cheap buds.

Mind you, I used to have the covers on the sony 888's before that pair broke.

Next purchase (probably in a year's time - and as the Senn warranty expires) - Ety's ER4's. teehee...

dean_shan
11-08-2004, 09:13 PM
I always use the cloth cover when it comes to headphones. It just feels better.