View Full Version : possible reasons for a delay?

Atomb
11-03-2004, 09:32 PM
hey everyone.

i'm a palm user (former) now switching to PPC and looking forward to some rewarding benefits from a new operating system.

I was just planning to pick up the x50 when i started thinking about the rumoured hx2000 iPaq series. There must be some VERY strict NDA's signed considering that this product has all but disappeared from websites after that last bit of news through leaked images (flip cover/bluetooth headphone images).

I was wondering, considering that this series is most likely going to be positioned as the 'business iPaq', if the delay/later release is due to HP working on incorporating some/all of the changes we're hearing about in WM2005. The vast majority of the changes discussed seem to be 'business' use enhancements and it seems to link together nicely.

Any thoughts?

I think I'll wait around for the hx2000 series release considering that the Dell sales can only get better with time on the x50 series! Not to mention that with the scenario above, the iPaqs might be the first with some interesting improvements!

OSUKid7
11-04-2004, 12:47 AM
Welcome to PPCT. :way to go:

Highly doubt it has anything to do with then next OS. HP just takes their time lol.

Darius Wey
11-04-2004, 03:38 AM
According to this, (http://www.hp.cz/handheldy/pdf/prislusenstvi.pdf) it seems as though November 11 has been set as the launch date for the hx2000. Thus I wouldn't be betting on a WM2005 incorporation for the hx2000 as the OS is still very much in development.

Atomb
11-04-2004, 09:13 PM
According to this, (http://www.hp.cz/handheldy/pdf/prislusenstvi.pdf) it seems as though November 11 has been set as the launch date for the hx2000. Thus I wouldn't be betting on a WM2005 incorporation for the hx2000 as the OS is still very much in development.

wow, thanks for the link!

it's unfortunate though that nothing from WM2005 will be included. Your argument is logical and so I'll have to believe it.

...i guess the reason why your link hasn't made any news could be due to NDAs and the fact that many sites are probably testing/reviewing the hx2000 series as i type this?

maximus
11-05-2004, 02:08 AM
...i guess the reason why your link hasn't made any news could be due to NDAs and the fact that many sites are probably testing/reviewing the hx2000 series as i type this?

Possibly.

If I remember correctly, the ipaq 6xxx PPCPE has been rumored since 2003, and it is only released at the end of 2004.

Atomb
11-05-2004, 04:57 PM
If I remember correctly, the ipaq 6xxx PPCPE has been rumored since 2003, and it is only released at the end of 2004.

sure, but the above link shows a statement saying 'release November 11' for the hx2000.

if it is a legit document (still wondering) then why hasn't there been any news about this considering that the release date is 6 days away???