View Full Version : Is there a USB charge cable for the i700?

rocky_raher
11-03-2004, 05:17 PM
It's worth noting that no one has figured out how to reliably make a USB charge-and-sync cable for the i700, nor has anyone figured out how to make a serial cable for the unit... and Samsung appears unwilling to disclose the pinouts for either application.

That's from the excellent review of the i700 that Janak posted last December. Is this statement still true? I checked Samsung's website and PocketPCTechs, without success.

I'd like to be able to use the solar charger that was recently described, but AFAIK it charges via a USB port.

mwfielder
11-08-2004, 04:07 PM
That statement is now old. Go to www.macmedia.com and you can buy a sync n' charge cable, both regular and retractable. I have had one for several months and it works great. They have great customer service as well.

Janak Parekh
11-08-2004, 04:15 PM
Indeed, that review is slowly getting out of date. I've used the one from BoxWave (www.boxwave.com) and it works like a charm. Also works on my i600 perfectly -- the two use the same pinouts. :D

--janak

rocky_raher
11-09-2004, 07:44 PM
Thank you, Janak and mwfielder! Both sites are good. I've just ordered a sync and charging cable, and now I'll revisit the solar charger device.

Thank you again!