View Full Version : Dell Axim X50 and X50v's Now Showing Up

Jason Dunn
11-02-2004, 09:00 PM
We've had several people email us about this, so I figured it was worth posting on: the Dell Axim X50 and X50v is starting to ship to customers in the USA. I'm not sure if they're shipping yet in other countries, but if so, post in the thread and tell us about it. And if you're a new Dell Axim owner, be sure to <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=35">check out our Dell forum</a>.

Adrian Knack
11-03-2004, 08:43 AM
I ordered a X50v on Nov 1 in Australia and according to the web site I should be getting it by the 16th of November.

A also recall a battery issue so I ordered a spare 1100mAh battery with it... at $14 Australian it costs nothing compared to the rest of the unit so I thought why not.

Cheers
Adrian

Jonathon Watkins
11-03-2004, 09:44 AM
Still can't order it in the UK yet. Still no word when you will be able to. :|

david291
11-03-2004, 04:27 PM
I got my X50 Basic model yesterday for testing for use with my company's software.

I've confirmed the rumors about using a WiFi card in the CF slot on the X50 Basic model. It doesn't work. Or, I should say, it only works when right next to an access point. Move 20 feet away and the connection drops. I've confirmed it in the driver's UI, and with miniStumbler, and with our own test app.

Dell must not conform to CF slot specs in some way. I wonder what other CF devices this might affect.

weshsu
11-03-2004, 04:58 PM
I got my X50v yesterday. I think I got a defective unit. The ink won't keep up with me. It skips like crazy as I write. I've never had this problem with any other Pocket PC I've owned (including the iPAQ 225 that I currently use). How frustrating!

Wes Hsu

ADBrown
11-04-2004, 04:19 AM
I ordered a X50v on Nov 1 in Australia and according to the web site I should be getting it by the 16th of November.

A also recall a battery issue so I ordered a spare 1100mAh battery with it... at $14 Australian it costs nothing compared to the rest of the unit so I thought why not.

Cheers
Adrian

AU$14? Buy me a couple while you're at it!

David, are you using drivers updated for WM2003 Second Edition? I can think of no good reason why the CF slot would allow a WiFi card to work, but limit the range.

Adrian Knack
11-04-2004, 08:48 AM
Yes I was suprised at the price of the battery too considering thier value on the US web site.

On the down side we are not offered the 3D games pack.

Adrian