View Full Version : hx4700 + Navman 4410 - probably a dumb question

danphoto
11-02-2004, 11:20 AM
This is my first PPC, so apologies if this is a dumb question.

OK, I set the hx4700 to turn off if not used for 2 minutes, 3 minutes whatever, which is cool.

When I use it in the car with the Navman 4410, it switches itself off after the set time, which is not cool, because this means no satnav.

So I re-set the PPC to always on, which gets over my satnav system turning itself off 3 minutes into the journey, which is cool.

But of course I forget to switch it off manually when I get to my destination, so I end up with a flat battery which is not cool.

How does everybody else handle this?

Steven Cedrone
11-02-2004, 01:11 PM
Are you using a charger while you are in the car? If so, in settings, under Power: Make sure you set the device to turn off after xxx amount of time on battery power. Uncheck the box to turn off on external power...

Your settings pages may be a little different, but you get the idea! :wink:

Steve

danphoto
11-02-2004, 01:39 PM
Thanks Steve.

I told you it was likely a dumb question :wink:

amyct
11-13-2004, 03:12 PM
How do you like the two units together......what do you think of navman

danphoto
11-13-2004, 03:20 PM
They work really well together.

We're in the UK and have the 4410 set to imperial rather than metric measurements, and the only niggle about the whole thing is that the voice works in feet rather than yards.

After two weeks with it, I still have a problem with things like "in one thousand five hundred feet, turn left". "500 yards" would make so much more sense to me.

The way it revises the route so quickly and accurately if you screw up is almost spooky ...

Battery life of the 4410 seems to be good too, and any problems we're having with the hx4700 are undoubtedly pilot error :roll: