View Full Version : Ad Hoc Sync on e750???

pkbdeb
11-02-2004, 04:11 AM
I have searched for an easy way to understand how to Activesync with my notebook. I do not have an accesspoint so I think I need to use an Ad Hoc network. I seem to be able to get the e750 and my notebook 802.11b card to connect but the sync does not work??? Can you help me with a simple ABC from beginning to end. Thanks! :D

Darius Wey
11-02-2004, 04:22 AM
Your wish is my command. :hippy: *Kazaam* (http://www.wifizard.com/tutorialsXP/sync/index.htm)

Now if that step-by-step guide doesn't work, let us know. :D

pkbdeb
11-02-2004, 11:33 PM
I doesn't work :(
Do I need do set up a VPN on the e750? If so, how do I do that? He is talking about IP addresses, do I need to change something there on the laptop? How about incoming connections on the laptop, do I need to enable that?

Thanks for your help!

Darius Wey
11-03-2004, 04:11 AM
I doesn't work :(
Do I need do set up a VPN on the e750? If so, how do I do that? He is talking about IP addresses, do I need to change something there on the laptop? How about incoming connections on the laptop, do I need to enable that?

Thanks for your help!

You won't need to set up a VPN. The most likely problem is invalid IP address signing upon connection. The best thing to do is to manually assign IP addresses to your PC and PPC. On your PC, navigate your way to Network Connections, right-click the Wireless Network Connection and select Properties. You will then see a box where you can scroll down - you should find an option called Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) - from there, click Properties. Now you can manually assign IP addresses. A common one is 192.168.0.1 with your subnet mask at 255.255.255.0. Give that a go.

pkbdeb
11-03-2004, 05:19 AM
Thanks! So how do I manually assign the IP address on the PPC? Do I need to have an "incoming conections" connection set up on the PC? Really do appreciate your help! :D