View Full Version : My X50v has shipped...

PJE
11-01-2004, 02:12 PM
Hi All,

Just a note to say I got an email from Dell telling my that my X50v has been shipped... Should land today or tomorrow (Next business Day Shipping)

I feel a sick day coming on :wink:

christak
11-01-2004, 03:40 PM
"I feel a sick day coming on :wink: ... "

...yes, you don't look well... I think you should stay home a couple of days... :D

PJE
11-01-2004, 03:56 PM
...yes, you don't look well... I think you should stay home a couple of days... :D

...yes my had started spinning...

Unfortunately on investigating further, UPS has received the billing information, but has yet to pick it up from Dell... GET A MOVE ON :wink:

drop
11-01-2004, 04:13 PM
ME. TOO!

I thought this time around I could be pretty cool about the wait. The shipping notification just set me off again :multi: .

yanathin
11-01-2004, 04:39 PM
Forgive my anger/jealousy, but this is rediculous. I ordered mine the morning it was announced at FULL price with overnight shipping, no coupons or anything. I've had countless opportunities to cancel that order and use coupons cut off a chunk of the price, but I was afraid it would push back my shipping date. Now I notice that the people that DID cancel their orders and use coupons already have theirs shipped, while people like me who stuck with it are still waiting. Mine still is in PreProduction with an estimated Delivery date of November 18th. Nice "first come, first serve" service, Dell. :evil:

Deus
11-01-2004, 04:47 PM
Forgive my anger/jealousy, but this is rediculous. I ordered mine the morning it was announced at FULL price with overnight shipping, no coupons or anything. I've had countless opportunities to cancel that order and use coupons cut off a chunk of the price, but I was afraid it would push back my shipping date. Now I notice that the people that DID cancel their orders and use coupons already have theirs shipped, while people like me who stuck with it are still waiting. Mine still is in PreProduction with an estimated Delivery date of November 18th. Nice "first come, first serve" service, Dell. :evil:

I too ordered quickly, within 10 minutes of launch and I still have "preproduction status". I think this is because I also ordered a case. Seems like poeple who are getting shipped now only ordered the PPC and nothing extra. I should have ordered them seperately. Talking to Dell tech has proved useless as they only gave me "We are waiting for more components as we have a shortage right now" me:"OK, whatever. If its first come first serve where is my Pocket PC"? tech:"Check back in a couple of days"

So...I will just wait and be happy when I get it and learn from this. First come, first served is defined differently in the world of Dell. All in all I am just happy I can afford a Pocket PC. I saw someone the other day with a dayrunner! So glad those days are in the past.

drop
11-01-2004, 04:49 PM
Sorry, yanathin.

Did you order accessories? Extended battery, for example? It is my experience that accessories make a difference in shipping date. It isn't "first come, first serve".

On the other hand, your order might be coming your way even though the EAT hasn't been updated. My EAT on the X5 still showed "in transit" days after I received my order.

yanathin
11-01-2004, 04:50 PM
No accessories or anything. The only thing I ordered extra was the one year of Complete Care accidental warranty.

takotchi
11-01-2004, 04:56 PM
I ordered the 12th at full price, NO extras at all, and got shafted by Dell. Not even in "production". So if it doesn't ship today, I'm going to cancel and wait for a coupon (or perhaps I should just cancel and forget re-ordering since this is total BS).

I've never cancelled an order at Dell... hoping it's easy and I won't have to call up Dell and break out my English-Hindi dictionary.

Kati Compton
11-01-2004, 05:11 PM
Just a quick note - make sure you check the phone order status system. Last time, some people weren't sent the email notifications, the web page wasn't updated, but theirs had shipped. The phone system was far more up-to-date.

Not sure if that's still the case, but it's worth checking.

FWIW I ordered on the 2nd day, and mine hasn't shipped. I ordered with extended battery and 2nd cradle, though. I should have remembered to order those separately.

PetiteFlower
11-01-2004, 06:29 PM
You can always call and see if they can add the coupons on over the phone.

vinasb
11-01-2004, 09:08 PM
Just to let you all know, that my order still says PreProduction online and I called in and it also says Preproduction. I ordered the first day.

rzanology
11-01-2004, 09:43 PM
i orderd mine around 11 the morning it was released....why does my date say the 22nd? not fair!!!!

PJE
11-01-2004, 09:57 PM
As high as the frustration levels can be for not having your X50v shipped it can't match the frustration of having you X50v sitting at:

Billing Information Received*

*UPS has received shipper's billing information electronically. Billing information received does not indicate shipment pickup or drop-off. Please contact the shipper for more details.

For a whole day... I'm starting to think the shipping notice was a glitch in the system. :( Come on UPS! you'll notice a significant drop in your tracking server workload if you'd only deliver my Axim. :wink:

drop
11-01-2004, 10:19 PM
That's right, UPS :wink: . PJE wants to change his signature and I want to redo my Avatar!

CESkins
11-01-2004, 11:31 PM
I also received the "your order has shipped" e-mail from Dell. At 1st I had no clue what the e-mail was talking about as I wasn't supposed to receive my x50v until Nov 24th. I ordered 3 days after the x50v went online and didn't order any extras. Hmmm...looks like no matter who wins on November 2nd, I win! :D Hopefully, this isn't a glitch in the Dell ordering system.

Alucard89
11-02-2004, 12:44 AM
Heah! I got notification that my order has shipped! It will be in my hands I hope in 5 days :D

husky99
11-02-2004, 02:49 AM
It's about 15 minutes away at the UPS warehouse. Dangerous to have it shipped to work. Afternoon won't be very productive :devilboy:

Kati Compton
11-02-2004, 02:57 AM
When Dell says something has "shipped", it means their internal shipping. From there it needs to go to UPS or whatever, and THEN that's the real shipping. So add about 1 day to however long shipping normally takes. I got overnight shipping, but I still expect it to take another day after they tell me it's shipped.

Which they haven't done yet. Sigh.

I think I'm at "In Production" though...

takotchi
11-02-2004, 03:11 AM
After over a half an hour on the phone, I FINALLY got my order cancelled. What a HUGE waste of my time this whole thing was. They couldn't even get me a real answer for why people who ordered AFTER me, on the 19th, 23rd, whatever, are getting their units shipped FIRST. They literally said they had NO answer and just "didn't know". It's completely unfair and terrible business practice.

Not sure if I even want to bother with re-ordering. Dell's order system is such a huge inconvenience - it even said that my order was placed on 01/01/0001 on one page and 10/12/2004 on another page. Not sure if that had anything to do with them deciding to ignore my order when sending out others or not... anybody else have that?

CESkins
11-02-2004, 04:05 AM
Service Type: GROUND
Weight: 5.00 Lbs
Note: Your package is in the UPS system and is on time with a scheduled delivery date of Nov 2, 2004. :D

Sorry to hear about all those who have yet to get their x50 shipped. :(

Kati Compton
11-02-2004, 05:35 AM
After over a half an hour on the phone, I FINALLY got my order cancelled. What a HUGE waste of my time this whole thing was. They couldn't even get me a real answer for why people who ordered AFTER me, on the 19th, 23rd, whatever, are getting their units shipped FIRST. They literally said they had NO answer and just "didn't know". It's completely unfair and terrible business practice.

Not sure if I even want to bother with re-ordering. Dell's order system is such a huge inconvenience - it even said that my order was placed on 01/01/0001 on one page and 10/12/2004 on another page. Not sure if that had anything to do with them deciding to ignore my order when sending out others or not... anybody else have that?
What are the URLs for the pages you're checking? I've only checked the page linked to in my order confirmation email.

PJE
11-02-2004, 02:20 PM
My X50v is 'OUT FOR DELIVERY'!!! It is at most 8 miles from muy house...

I feel a migrane coming on... :wink:

Darius Wey
11-02-2004, 02:33 PM
My X50v is 'OUT FOR DELIVERY'!!! It is at most 8 miles from muy house...

I feel a migrane coming on... :wink:

Haha! Just a thought! It would kill you if you accidentally gave Dell the wrong delivery address wouldn't it? :lol:

PJE
11-02-2004, 02:40 PM
Haha! Just a thought! It would kill you if you accidentally gave Dell the wrong delivery address wouldn't it? :lol:

My heart stopped beating for about 10s on reading that... :D

I just hope the milkman isn't visting when I drop in on my wife at lunch time. :wink:

drop
11-02-2004, 03:38 PM
What are the URLs for the pages you're checking? I've only checked the page linked to in my order confirmation email.

Order Status. Click on the "Shipped" next to the Order Number gives you shipping info. Then click the tracking number every five minutes :wink:.

husky99
11-02-2004, 03:50 PM
Sitting on my desk charging...... The suspense is killing me.
I do not see the bonus game disk, anyone else missing theirs?

Kati Compton
11-02-2004, 05:07 PM

Order Status. Click on the "Shipped" next to the Order Number gives you shipping info. Then click the tracking number every five minutes :wink:.
Well, mine hasn't shipped yet. I thought there were two different order status pages each giving different results.

CESkins
11-02-2004, 07:53 PM
husky99 you lucky devil...mine is still on a UPS truck snaking its way to my apartment. Hopefully they get here soon b/c I need to go out and vote. :D How long did it take your battery to reach a full charge? ARRGGGHHH...come on already UPS. :D

Kati Compton
11-02-2004, 08:28 PM
BTW - I talked with my rep.

He says that orders are first-come-first-serve WITHIN a divison (Personal, Small Business, Education&Government). But that the divisions are getting units in the order I just listed. That doesn't mean that all the personal orders will be filled before the educational, but that units arrived at Personal first.

He also expressed confidence that mine would be shipped before the listed ship date, as that's how things usually work at Dell.

Then he started talking about how he doesn't use his Axim too much, just for emulation, and then I mentioned Pocket Commodore 64 and he got excited, so I pointed him to a link. :P

Anyway - I'm not happy about the shipping news, as I ordered through the Education site, but my rep was useful and nice, and even if it doesn't make as much sense to ME that this is how they're being shipped, it's better than finding out that they just don't like me or something. ;)

ChemNerd
11-02-2004, 09:12 PM
This is highly annoying as I have seen the HX4700 for just 80 dollars more up at my local Sam's club. I am ever so tempted to just cancel my order and go get my ipaq today - especially with their lovely bluetooth headset just announced.

gtmtnbiker98
11-02-2004, 09:17 PM
I can order as late as tonight from hpshopping and receive it tomorrow with free shipping. I can get the education discount of 10%; however, the only drawback is the lack of available cases and the overall size of the 4700. If my X50v doesn't ship by tomorrow afternoon, I am canceling the order. This is just rediculous.

PJE
11-02-2004, 09:24 PM
I can order as late as tonight from hpshopping and receive it tomorrow with free shipping. I can get the education discount of 10%; however, the only drawback is the lack of available cases and the overall size of the 4700. If my X50v doesn't ship by tomorrow afternoon, I am canceling the order. This is just rediculous.

Did you have a November 2nd Delivery Date?

As pleased as I am that my X50v was delivered early, Dell delivered them before the stated delivery date. Dell has,as far as I know, yet to fail to meet a promised delivery date.

Although I can imagine that it is annoying to see people (myself included) get their X50's earlier (even if I ordered later) you were prepared to wait until the 18th when you ordered it...

hopeful797
11-02-2004, 09:45 PM
mine is In Production... what does that mean? it also shows i am getting two orders.... one game pack, one dell x50v??

drop
11-02-2004, 09:55 PM
:ppclove:

Got mine! My review, so far, is ... SWEET!

Charging, charging, charging.

PJE
11-02-2004, 09:56 PM
mine is In Production... what does that mean? it also shows i am getting two orders.... one game pack, one dell x50v??

In production probably means that their putting the stuff in a box..

Regarding the split order, it looks like the 3D game pack was not available in time and they will be sending it on at a later date. When I got my X5 the order was split, although in that case one part was if I remember correctly a piece of paper...

globaloffice
11-02-2004, 10:16 PM
I just cancelled my x50v order. Dell bites. Ordered mine October 12, the day they were available. Client of mine ordered his 3 days later. He got his today, Dell says mine's not due to ship until Nov 17 at the earliest. Only difference is that I paid for mine with a personal Dell Preferred account and his was run through his business account. Whoop de do. He has a business account because I referred him to Dell, as do I, but I ran this as a personal purchase. I called Dell and that's exactly what they told me... since his was run under a business account he gets hs first. So, obviously if they think you're some yahoo off the street then you go to the back of the bus. What's left you'll get

I'm a principal in my company and we're a HP partner. My hx4700 will be here tomorrow. So long Dell!

-Roger

BTW, client says the rhinoskin case fits the x50v poorly and has already scratched his. Appears to not be made for the unit.

CESkins
11-02-2004, 10:22 PM
Just had mine delivered...VGA screen is crisp...in one word...WOW! Now the charging wait begins. Anyone loaded on any apps yet? Which ones are VGA compatible. I know that Textmaker and Planmaker are...can't wait to get them loaded on this puppy. :D Also will have to load my PIM replacement. :D

CESkins
11-02-2004, 11:31 PM
Quick start manual says to charge the battery for at least 8 hrs...Manual says 5 hrs...How long is it taking for the battery to charge for those of you who have an x50? Did you follow the instructions to charge for at least 5-8 hrs or charged until the light went off (meaning battery full)?

takotchi
11-02-2004, 11:55 PM
I cancelled my order last night for my X50v ordered on the 12th. I re-ordered that night using $70 of coupons and it got shipped TODAY, the 2nd.

Jeez, Dell really blows when it comes to this... they told me when I cancelled there was no way I could get it shipped sooner than the 17th. Pfft. :roll:

takotchi
11-03-2004, 12:01 AM
Oh, and Kati, when you I go to Dell.com and click "My Order Status", that's where I put in my order number and customer number... now that's where it gives me the 10/12/2004 date (for my cancelled order) and the 11/1/2004 date (for my re-order). Now, click on the link at the bottom that says something like "all orders associated with this account". That's where it gets weird and has three orders all with a date of 01/01/0001 (which is a glitch obviously).

I have an order for an X50v cancelled, one X50v shipped, and one 3D Game Pack that's in assembly. Weird, but at least it's what I want.

I suggest anybody that is hesitating to cancel and re-order go ahead and do so; otherwise you might be waiting a while. :evil:

phoenixfire1965
11-03-2004, 12:14 AM
I got very frustrated after reading this thread about the very same issue that I ordered on the 12th and then have people getting their device long before I am. My order still says pre-production for the last three weeks.

I called customer care to see what kind of answer I would get. The customer agent was very friendly and polite but basically had no answer other than that as an Employee order (I work for the government so get the employee channel :?: ) is produced differently than home order. I politely told her that was bull and not acceptable and wanted to speak to her supervisor.

The young man got on the phone, gave me his name and section (without argument or difficulty) and explained to me that Dell's orders are bundled when they are produced from different locations to ship together. In this case it is the 3D Game CD and the AXIM System. The CD of nothing but three 3D games that was a free incentive with the initial orders has been delayed for several weeks at best. Thus my entire order (both order numbers, 1 for CD, 1 for system) is thrown into a hold status and would not ship until the CD was released. I politely told him exactly how inane and unacceptable this is to me. He offered three choices:
1. Cancel my order.
2. Cancel the CD order. (which I reminded him I had no choice in the first place on this CD)
3. Have me verbally authorize him to request release of my system order to ship without the CD order and they be shipped seperately.

I chose option 3 and requested he CC me on the email to release my system order to shipping. Moments later he stated it was sent. I checked and had the email. He also stated the system should update not more than 24 hours from now with a status and I should expect my order early next week.

Overall I am pleased with Dell for the way this is being handled (if it is really the deal) and appreciated the honesty.

We shall see. 0X

Len Egan
11-03-2004, 03:40 AM
I ordered mine on the 12th and it shipped on the 1st. The UPS site said it was on the truck this morning, but it never came! I am sooooo disappointed. Better be tomorrow!

famousdavis
11-03-2004, 05:57 AM
I ordered on the 27th of October with a shipping date that was originally late November, until I unchecked the free game CD. Then, my shipping date moved up to November 11. Cool, I thought.

Today, I discovered my X50v was shipped already! It seems that the CD game pack is delaying X50v orders. Since I'm not going to use my X50v much for games, not getting the CD bundle was hardly a problem for me.

I ought to get my X50v either late this week, or perhaps early next week (free standard shipping).

webdaemon
11-03-2004, 06:31 AM
My ship date hasn't changed from 12/13. However, it's been In Production since 10/21. I ordered on 10/19.

So, In Production does not mean they are putting it in a box.

I've ordered something like 15 laptops and 5 PDAs and a couple of printers from Dell on the small business account and they have always shipped way ahead of the estimated ship date so I'm really hoping they get a bunch of them in and it gets shipped soon. :roll:

Sven Johannsen
11-03-2004, 03:05 PM
Overall I am pleased with Dell for the way this is being handled (if it is really the deal) and appreciated the honesty.

We shall see. 0X

Well, based on this I just called. Very friendly but useless conversation. I'm one of those who ordered first day early AM, with a Nov 17 est ship. I enguired about the CD/X50 bundling issue, and was told that shouldn't hold up the device order, they are seperate and would ship seperately if need be. So I asked why the Axim isn't in my hands then, as it is for many others. She went to check and discovered that the cradle is the issue, and that likely the folks already getting them got models without cradles. I said you don't sell an X50 without a cradle. She wasn't aware of that.

Guess I'll just wait. I wasn't expecting it 'till after the 17th anyway. I'll get irate after that. Not like I don't have a perfectly good 4155 now.

husky99
11-03-2004, 03:32 PM
It's worth the wait for those with patience. I upgraded from the X5 and I'm very happy with the X50v. Maybe the deliveries are regional? I'm just outside of Boston. Where are others who have/not received theirs?

globaloffice
11-03-2004, 04:47 PM
Well, based on this I just called. Very friendly but useless conversation. I'm one of those who ordered first day early AM, with a Nov 17 est ship. I enguired about the CD/X50 bundling issue, and was told that shouldn't hold up the device order, they are seperate and would ship seperately if need be. So I asked why the Axim isn't in my hands then, as it is for many others. She went to check and discovered that the cradle is the issue, and that likely the folks already getting them got models without cradles. I said you don't sell an X50 without a cradle. She wasn't aware of that.

Dell doesn't seem to have a rhyme nor reason what's going on, unless it's being kept a secret. In my case mine and my clients were virtually identical, same unit, same case, with the only difference being the personal versus business account. He has his, mine was still Nov 17th. I went through here yesterday, went to MobilePlanet and my hx4700 will be here today. That's more like service to me. I have patience, but I smell some bait and switch too, orders should be fufilled in the order received.

-Roger

Don't Panic!
11-03-2004, 05:17 PM

We shall see. 0X

Guess I'll just wait. I wasn't expecting it 'till after the 17th anyway. I'll get irate after that. Not like I don't have a perfectly good 4155 now.I'm in the same boat as Sven and while Husky99 has his and lives outside of Boston I do not have mine and I live in Boston. I'm on my 30th minute with CS having me on hold. I think it's an anti MVP conspiracy. :devilboy: I guess I'll just have to wait as well.

Update: The CSR "Red" hung up on me. 8O

Don't Panic!
Bobby

Sven Johannsen
11-04-2004, 12:23 AM
How about this? How many of you that have yours already sprung for the overnight shipping? I figured if it wasn't shipping for over a month, over a month and a few days wasn't a big deal, and so picked cheap delivery. Maybe paying for the premium delivery indicates a more sincere desire to own one?

dwildone
11-04-2004, 04:28 AM
How about this? How many of you that have yours already sprung for the overnight shipping? I figured if it wasn't shipping for over a month, over a month and a few days wasn't a big deal, and so picked cheap delivery. Maybe paying for the premium delivery indicates a more sincere desire to own one?

Don't know for sure, but I doubt it. Here's my situation:

Ordered 10/29 from the personal division, x50v- no options, free ground shipping, estimated ship date 11/15

Shipped 11/2 :lol:

UPS scheduled delivery 11/4 :mrgreen:

St Louis area

ppcmw
11-04-2004, 05:49 AM
Ordered 10/31/04 :mrgreen: My birthday - Dell says shipped 11/02/04 :bday:

Adrian Knack
11-04-2004, 09:04 AM
The X50v must not be as popular is Australia. I ordered mine on the 2nd and it just shiped on the 4th to arrive on the 12th of Nov.

We don't get the games pack :cry: but I can't complain about the service.

Hopefully there will be no "issues" with the device when I get it.

Adrian

Don't Panic!
11-04-2004, 02:39 PM
How about this? How many of you that have yours already sprung for the overnight shipping? I figured if it wasn't shipping for over a month, over a month and a few days wasn't a big deal, and so picked cheap delivery. Maybe paying for the premium delivery indicates a more sincere desire to own one?You won't believe this one. Just like my purchase of the X30h (I really have to work on this early adopter thing) I just couldn't resist getting my hands on an X50v. So patience went out the window and I went ahead and cancelled my 10/12 order. Split off the accessories as a seperate order and asked for overnight shipping on the X50v by itself and kept the free shipping on the accesories order. Lo and Behold both the X50v and the accesories bundle are now being reported as shipped. I don't think it was the Next day delivery though. I think something happened to everyones early orders. I should have the X50v tomorrow. Strange place Dell.

Don't Panic!
Bobby

phoenixfire1965
11-04-2004, 06:58 PM
It would appear that it was smoke and mirrors. I have been told twice since my original post that my order has been put in production and yet I find no evidence of this.

I really want this device and have given Dell an ultimatum. Let's see what they do and if they care a whit about me as a customer.

Funny thing is I approved almost $2 mil worth of Dell purchases in the last 18 months for my office and they were very responsive to those... :rolleyes:

They have a couple of days...

"the truth is out there..." 0X

rzanology
11-04-2004, 07:07 PM
wait a minute...I can't believe some people. How could you be mad you didn't get something early? What kind of madness is that. You ordered...and you got a date. That's all there is to it. I could understand of dell was 2 weeks behind and you didn't get it on the promised date. But you're screaming about not getting in early? That's ridiculous. I too can't wait for mine....but what choice do I have? So what ever some one else canceled an order and got theirs before...YOU ordered...and YOU got a date. Stop fussing and carrying on because some one else got theirs. Maybe the reps that took the order used a different system, or maybe they had some kind of glitch in their system. I can't believe what I am seeing. Is this how you act at the doctor? Do you fuss and carry on because the doctor wont see you and hour ahead of schedule? My point is...we are all excited to get our ppcs....and sure we're all jealous of those who got them early...but that's no reason to carry on and say dell has bad service.

Don't Panic!
11-04-2004, 07:51 PM
wait a minute...I can't believe some people. How could you be mad you didn't get something early? What kind of madness is that. You ordered...and you got a date. That's all there is to it. I could understand of dell was 2 weeks behind and you didn't get it on the promised date. But you're screaming about not getting in early? That's ridiculous. I too can't wait for mine....but what choice do I have? So what ever some one else canceled an order and got theirs before...YOU ordered...and YOU got a date. Stop fussing and carrying on because some one else got theirs. Maybe the reps that took the order used a different system, or maybe they had some kind of glitch in their system. I can't believe what I am seeing. Is this how you act at the doctor? Do you fuss and carry on because the doctor wont see you and hour ahead of schedule? My point is...we are all excited to get our ppcs....and sure we're all jealous of those who got them early...but that's no reason to carry on and say dell has bad service.I ordered mine within hours of the product being announced. A person who ordered three weeks after me got theirs. You can't compare this to a doctors visit, there is no emergency need for a PDA, no complications that can come up in order fufillment, Dell messed up plain and simple. It's like I go into Best Buy and a guy cuts in front of me in line. Am I supposed to stand there and just take it? Dell let people cut the line and they shouldn't have IMHO.

Don't Panic!
Bobby

rzanology
11-04-2004, 08:48 PM
point well taken...as did i oder mine 11:30 that morning. And i too feel away about it...but i bet we will all get ours before the date slated. So why btch and moan? SO what people got theirs before me....as long as im getting mine or getting mine early its aaaaall good...feel me?

Sven Johannsen
11-04-2004, 09:38 PM
point well taken...as did i oder mine 11:30 that morning. And i too feel away about it...but i bet we will all get ours before the date slated. So why btch and moan? SO what people got theirs before me....as long as im getting mine or getting mine early its aaaaall good...feel me?

I think Dell has a responsibility to at least attempt to fulfill orders in the order they were placed. Are you going to feel as good when you get the e-mail that they are out of stock, when you ordered yours on the 12th of Oct and folks ordering at the end of Oct and into Nov already have theirs?

phoenixfire1965
11-04-2004, 09:45 PM
Hold on a minute before you start flaming me. My point is this:

I, like lots of other people, ordered on day one.

Dell claims first come first served.

Lots of people that ordered days and in at least one case I know of, two weeks later have received theirs. I personnally know a co-worker who ordered on 28 Oct and received their device today.

What about the first come first serve.

The customer care folks have repeatedly told me that it is not possible and they cannot understand why someone who ordered later than me has already received theirs.

I got excuses and other people got their X50.

I just want Dell to own up to their mistakes, whatever they were, and treat us as good, loyal customers.

I wanted no special treatment and was happy (well maybe not happy) to wait the 5 weeks for shipment.

I got upset when literally dozens of folks from multiple news groups reported receiving their devices already.

I apologize if you were offended but do not judge me for caring that I received poor customer service and lies to cover it.

Kati Compton
11-04-2004, 10:02 PM
My Dell rep (I work at a University) called me personally (and unexpectedly) to say he's looking into it. If only the rest of the Dell organization were as "with it" as he is!

If/when I do business with Dell again, it'll be because he's great, not because of the rest of the company.

Darius Wey
11-05-2004, 04:06 AM
If/when I do business with Dell again, it'll be because he's great, not because of the rest of the company.

Speaking of Dell, I find it disgustingly frustrating that it is hard to find a general email address where you can direct enquiries to.

ppcmw
11-05-2004, 04:15 AM
I ordered my X50v on my birthday - 10/31/04 and it arrived today. I'm looking at it now like it's a newborn taking a nap. Actually I'm waiting for it to charge for 8 hours first before I can bring it to life. :alfdance:

Don't Panic!
11-06-2004, 12:17 AM
It arrived today at work. I'm taking it home now to charge. The 3D Game CD was included in the box.

Don't Panic!
Bobby

Kati Compton
11-06-2004, 03:08 AM
Well, my device hasn't shipped, but the extended battery has. :?

Sven Johannsen
11-06-2004, 04:51 AM
I just ordered a second one. The original was ordered on Oct 12th. The est ship still says 11/17, I got 3-5 day shipping for free. The one I ordered today has an est ship date of 11/15, somebody here posted a $30 coupon which it took, and next day shipping was listed as $0 which I chose. We'll see which one ships first. The other gets cancelled. Heck I may just cancell the original in any case. Unbelievable. BTW, the free CD on the first order does show in shipping.

havrek
11-06-2004, 05:31 AM
Mine finally shipped. I orderd on 10/18 and it had been in pre-production this entire time. I've had about 5 calls and 4 chats with Dell (My first time shopping with them and I hate them already) and it finally shipped. Status went from pre-production to shipped today. Mine was bronken up into 2 orders. The CD shows shipped but it's waiting to be picked up. The axim shows shipped and FEDEX has it for a delivery on Monday. Can't wait, hope i get the Axim and not the CD first. That would be a bummer.
I ordered mine with the travel charger kit. I've heard every excuse in the world from Dell and read everyones thoughts on the delay here but I have a new one. I was going to order another one today and when I went to order it I saw that the travel kit had a line under it that said this could delay your order. It wasn't there back on 10/18. I wonder if that was the problem. Mine shipped from TN. Hope many other people had their status change today. If not hang in there and don't bother contacting dell unless you didn't get an upgrade yet. I'm not sure if it was worth the headache but I did get free overnight shipping, my shipping fee refunded and once I receive my Axim I am supposed to chat back with my case number and they will give me a 50 coupon for any purchase. They would not give it to me until I receive my order. If you do a chat make sure you copy your chat log. Everytime at the end they said that it would email a transcript to my email but it never came. If I wouldn't have copied the text I would not have the case number.
One last think I looked at the iPAQ 4700 yesterday (I have a 2215 now) and the screen was beautiful but it is gigantic and that touch pad seemed cool for the first 30 seconds and then yuc. I can't wait to get my axim and look at that beautiful screen :)

rzanology
11-08-2004, 11:42 AM
mine shipped!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!! it says in transit to local carrier. so if they get it there today....it might see it by Wednesday :)

sp0om
11-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Glad to hear most of you are getting your stuff on time. Can you guys post some pictures of the device besides cd discs and other common items? I still feel like this thing is a bit bulky for me. I currently have an ipaq 2215 and am considering keeping it because it is nice and small. Thanks.

husky99
11-08-2004, 04:35 PM
Sven,
I didn't have the game CD listed in my order either, nor was it sent. I chatted with a rep and received a $35 coupon for them not including the CD. Granted to purchase the CD alone from Dell, is $40. Not even, but I figure I can purchase one of the games from Handango for $15, if I really want it. Or maybe I can download it from someone? :wink: You may have the option as well.

Rob Borek
11-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Glad to hear most of you are getting your stuff on time. Can you guys post some pictures of the device besides cd discs and other common items? I still feel like this thing is a bit bulky for me. I currently have an ipaq 2215 and am considering keeping it because it is nice and small. Thanks.

I can't take a photo right now, but I own an iPAQ 2215, and the x50v is not much bigger than the 2215 - it's a little taller (by a centimetre or two), but I don't think it's any thicker. It's definitely not a bulky unit - it fits nicely in my jeans pocket, even in the crappy case that Dell includes (I'm gonna wait for Sena to introduce their x50v case).

rzanology
11-08-2004, 07:41 PM

im with you on that one...but the screen on my 2215 cracked! and i really didnt feel like paying $180 to fix it. I'll wait till next year and pay $100...then i'll throw it in the car for gps :)

ppcmw
11-09-2004, 04:28 AM
I ordered on 10/31/04 and got it on 11/04/04. Took it to work with me on 11/05/04. Didn't do any work while playing with my new toy. My newborn toy currently has Resco Photo Viewer and a trail version of - Battery Pro - Virtual Pool - Air Hockey 3D. I will purchase Battery Pro and maybe Virtual Pool. Programs purchased and running so far are - Keep Track & Pocket Informant 5. Ordered and on the way - WriteSHIELD C2 screen protector kit - Dell flip style leather carrying case. Future purchases will be Teletype GPS, bluetooth keyboard ( when available ) Lynksys router with speed booster, 1GB CF. I love the screen, speed is excellent but one area of concern is the main memory. I have 236 mb free on the SD card, 87 MB free in the built in storage. I put the programs on the SD card but when I went to download and play Stuntcar Extreme it said I didn't have enough memory to load the game. Main memory is - storage 19.52 free and program - 11.28 free. I think I could have a 5GB CF, %GB SD and 5GB built in storage but my main memory would still be low. Any ideas?

Sven Johannsen
11-09-2004, 05:51 AM
Main memory is - storage 19.52 free and program - 11.28 free. I think I could have a 5GB CF, %GB SD and 5GB built in storage but my main memory would still be low. Any ideas?

Just checking. You do know that the X doesn't close programs, it just minimizes them, right. You can have numerous things still running if the memory manager doesn't close them for you, which can happen. All the previous Dells have come with Switcher Bar, found in the settings screens, that starts a program manager allowing you to force program closures. You may have hit some programs that are not good about releasing Ram even when you do close them. Try a soft reset if it seems nothing else is running and see if you get some RAM back, and can then run your game.

juni
11-09-2004, 07:15 AM
But according to MS they are smart about managing the memory even if the x just minimizes programs. Supposedly the OS knows how to close programs if needed. ;)

(I use Wisbar Advance2 for program closing myself)

phoenixfire1965
11-09-2004, 10:14 PM
Update to my Dell saga.

I canceled the first order and Monday placed a new order through the Army and Air Force Exchange service.

It was $110 bucks cheaper through AAFES and Dell Customer Care granted me a 20% discount for all my problems. Well as of today I have the service tag number and the device has boxed and should ship tomorrow. All said and done, I am supposed to receive the package early next week. My package:

Axim X50V
Extra 1100 battery
1 GD SD Card
RhinoSkin Aluminum Case

Shipped: $413

Assuming I get it all and in the manner listed then perhaps Dell does care.

"The truth is out there..." 0X

drop
11-09-2004, 10:55 PM
Wow, phoenixfire1965. What a deal you got there! I am going to enlist your help next time I have words with customer service :D.

I hope you enjoy your X50v when you get it. I am loving mine.

Kati Compton
11-10-2004, 12:15 AM
Posting from my newly-arrived x50v... on AC. :) Will charge it when I get home.

jrc50
11-10-2004, 01:30 AM
Well, mine shipped as well after I called and complained the website was listing a 3 week better date than what I advised I was getting. It should be sitting home when I get back from my travels. :lol:

Sven Johannsen
11-10-2004, 01:34 AM
You will all be happy to know, mine showed up today. It's still in transit to local carrier on the Dell order status site. Probably get a tracking # tomorrow :?
It was actually the first order, the 12 Oct one, that shipped. I cancelled the second one when I saw the shipped status on the first one. Don't know if it was the e-mail I sent that broke it loose, or one of Murphy's laws corrolaries that did it. That being, order the second one, and the original will ship the next day :wink:

Just for general info, the AC adapter is exactly the same one as for my X30, and the one for my Wife's Dell Jukebox. That would indicate to me that the power requirements for the three are similar enough that a USB charger or car charger intended for one would work on the others.

She's charging now, I've waited almost a month, I can wait a few hours more :D

The other thing I noticed is that the battery looks identical to my 4155 battery in every way. I don't think they are interchangeable though. I slid the Dell one in my HP cradle charger and the charge light didn't come on. I'll probably try the HP battery in the Dell at some point, just to see. At least the stickers say Dell and HP on them, or I swear I couldn't tell them apart.

Wonder when the SENA case will be available :?:

Kati Compton
11-11-2004, 03:41 PM
My thoughts exactly. It's either Sena or i-Volution (if Vaja makes one) for me.

Sven Johannsen
11-11-2004, 04:10 PM

Yea, I think I could justify springing for a Vaja for this one. OK, Vaja and Sena, first one with one gets Kati's and my money :wink:

Kati Compton
11-11-2004, 04:12 PM
Yea, I think I could justify springing for a Vaja for this one. OK, Vaja and Sena, first one with one gets Kati's and my money :wink:
Oh, if it's a COMPETITION, that's another story. They have to throw in a free USB key or something. :P

rzanology
11-11-2004, 05:19 PM
eta ship date...22...i got it the 9th. GO DELL!!!!!

jebrito
11-13-2004, 11:31 PM
I received my X50v today!!!! i ordered to DELL USA last sunday, and i already have it beeing charged righ now, less than a week to get to my home in EL Salvador.
Can't wait for the 8 hours to pass, why don't they send them fully charged?????

bmurphy
11-15-2004, 06:22 AM
I'm just colored green, reading through all the posts of everyone getting their x50v's..... I ordered mine about 6 weeks ago, and had an amazingly bad time getting any order info from Dell. I finally managed to find someone that actually knew what had gone wrong with my order (the case.... someone posted that the case didn't fit very well... well, they withdrew it, so anyone with an original case on the order form gets dropped), and I got the unit re-ordered! He says a week.
I at least will have gotten up to date on any problems with all the posts. and will be able to avoid them.

webdaemon
11-16-2004, 07:16 AM
Oooooooooooooookie...

I ordered my x50v about 2 weeks ago and received a ship date of 12/19. I ordered on my small business account on a company lease. I've checked back to my order status just about every day with no change is the ship date. It's been in pre configure mode ever since I ordered.

Today I got a call from Dell saying that they had the wrong SKU # for my order so they cancelled it and said I'd have to re-order. I think what may have happened is that I ordered, among other things, the dell screen protector which is not longer available at Dell as far as I can tell...

Anyway, I re-ordered my x50v today and the final price is less than it was, by more than the cost of the screen protectors, but I don't think it was as much as the 10% savings recently available. I don't recall seeing that any discount was available.

When I checked out on the company lease, my anticipated ship date was 11/18!!!!! 8O

However, the check out processes didn't finish normally and the next page said that I would get an email with my final order information. I haven't received the email yet so now I'm wondering if I still have a pending order. I usually get emails from Dell nearly immediately.

I'm a bit frustrated to say the least. But, if my order went through then I should see my x50v in about a week!!!!!!!!!! I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish me luck........ 0X

Sven Johannsen
11-16-2004, 05:50 PM
the case.... someone posted that the case didn't fit very well... well, they withdrew it, so anyone with an original case on the order form gets dropped.

Yet another BS story to add to the CD was delayed, cradles are the problem, and other spur of the moment explanations. I noticed that the estimated ship date on the site last night was 17 Nov. I am convinced they have a big wheel of fortunate thing they spin that determines the ship date.

ignar
11-16-2004, 06:22 PM

I heard from Sena that the case will be available in a couple of weeks.

Sven Johannsen
11-16-2004, 08:16 PM

I heard from Sena that the case will be available in a couple of weeks.

Then pre-orders should be showing up soon :D. SENA typically does that.

webdaemon
11-17-2004, 07:14 AM
Well I ordered the x50v through the company lease then saw the discount for the home office account so I cancelled the lease and got the $238 discount and still have the 11/18 ship date! Yay!!! :D

bmurphy
11-17-2004, 08:01 AM
where did you see the [$238 discount ] ?? I've been back and forth on the dell canada website and no coupons to be seen!! We need all the help we can get with the exchange rate!!

webdaemon
11-17-2004, 04:31 PM
Right here:
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/index.php?action=expand,34442

But acording to the article it was only for the one day.

Jeff00000168
11-17-2004, 08:18 PM
Whew! I was lucky to get that 30% off just now! I just called and asked for the 30% discount since everyone's getting them and she put me on hold to ask her supervisor or someone and I got it. I was on the phone for probably less than 10 minutes. $298 for the X50 520MHz and $385 for the X50v. Yes, that's all-in, tax included and free shipping! Unfortunately, I purchased the X50 520MHz over the X50v. Obviously, if I wasn't squeezing my wallet, I would go for the X50v and wouldn't be asking for a 30% off, but my money's kinda funny. I was leaning towards the X30 624MHz but it seems that they're faced out (in Australia) now so I'd rather stick with the new line-up. I'll probably get the X50v next year when everything stabilizes with the VGA, Intel 2700G and WM2005 issues.

Sven Johannsen
11-17-2004, 08:42 PM
You did get lucky. The 30% was for a bundle with an extra battery and 2yr warranty, making the damage about 420 on the X50v. Sounds like you managed to get it on the basic device.

Jeff00000168
11-17-2004, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I got lucky. If I'm not mistaken, Dell had a promo "30% off $300" and the "30% off X50v bundle". I just did what the others did in Aximsite in these threads:

http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?p=427853&posted=1

http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=58115

Luckily, I did it with 1 try! :mrgreen:

webdaemon
11-18-2004, 03:12 AM
Hmmmm.. I was able to get the discount on the x50v, 3 year waranty, 1 gb sd card, the long life battery and the game pack, (which I didn't really care about). I wonder if Dell meant to allow these other discounts...

webdaemon
11-19-2004, 04:28 AM
OK, get this. I got an email from Dell today saying that the anticipated ship date of 11/18 for my x50v was not going to be met and the earliest it would be shipped is 11/29. Well I was disapointed to say the least.

I just checked the order status page and it indicates that it shipped today as scheduled!

Anyone else notice that Dell revamped the website recently? I had to change my password earlier this week because it was not secure enough. Well, I'm thinking the website update messed up the order tracking system or the interface between that and the email update system so it's sending the wrong emails.

Anyone else notice any weird emails this week? :roll:

webdaemon
11-19-2004, 04:38 AM
There's a new discount at Dell:

15% Off Dell Axim Handhelds:
Excludes Axim X30 312MHz. Limited time offer.

jbajada
11-19-2004, 08:49 AM
Yay... i got my x50v finally... after initially ordering my x30 624Mhz and waiting 1 week... i rang up and found that they ran out of the x30... After abit of crappin on to the supervisor or person in charge i got an x50v at no extra charge... :D so it cost me $440 AUS.... now thats cheap!

Didnt get no 3d games pack....

Looking into getting a GPS for it now... Anyone done this yet? Whats better, getting a CF GPS or a BT GPS???

Cheers :D

allsub
11-19-2004, 11:19 PM
OK, get this. I got an email from Dell today saying that the anticipated ship date of 11/18 for my x50v was not going to be met and the earliest it would be shipped is 11/29. Well I was disapointed to say the least.

I just checked the order status page and it indicates that it shipped today as scheduled!

I wish I was as lucky as you, I placed my order on monday when they deal was still active, but their system messed up...didn't include my order for complete care. I spent 4 hours on the phone with them tuesday, they finally made me cancel my original order with the expected ship date of 11/17 and place a new order with the date of 11/18. I also got the same email as you about the delay, but mine is still stuck in production as far as I can tell. The only thing I ordered that you didn't order is I got the executive case...I guess that's what's holding it up. I hate Dell's ordering system. What's the point of real-time order tracking and projected inventory if it's never right?

Sven Johannsen
11-19-2004, 11:27 PM
Looking into getting a GPS for it now... Anyone done this yet? Whats better, getting a CF GPS or a BT GPS???

BT, no question, but that's OT for the Dell's order system sucks thread. Do some searches here and at gpspassion to get some good feedback.

tourdewolf
11-19-2004, 11:56 PM

I wish I was as lucky as you, I placed my order on monday when they deal was still active, but their system messed up...didn't include my order for complete care. I spent 4 hours on the phone with them tuesday, they finally made me cancel my original order with the expected ship date of 11/17 and place a new order with the date of 11/18. I also got the same email as you about the delay, but mine is still stuck in production as far as I can tell. The only thing I ordered that you didn't order is I got the executive case...I guess that's what's holding it up. I hate Dell's ordering system. What's the point of real-time order tracking and projected inventory if it's never right?

I have always assumed it wasn't real time at all, nor even "real" but only a diversion to keep customers from calling every couple days to check the status of the order.
:?:

webdaemon
11-23-2004, 04:30 PM
I got mine yesterday. The screen is so beautiful compared to the x3i. A couple things I've noticed after playing with it for a couple hours last night.

I liked the scroll wheel on the side of the x3i and miss it on the x50v. Also, the wireless and record buttons on the side are very easy to press by accident. I remapped those buttons to scroll so when I accidentally press them the recorder doesn't start up and my wireless card doesn't turn off. I've also sort of restored the scroll wheel I miss, although there's still no "click button" that was on the scroll wheel of the x30i.

I also love the integrated bluetooth in the x50i. I bought a usb bluetooth adapter for my laptop and I've seet up active sync via bluetooth. I love being able to sync my Axim without having to put it in the cradle. Especially since I'm going to keep the cradle at the office and will still be able to sync at home.

I do have a problem with my x50v. The switcher app wont load. I had it running for a while, then when I did a soft reset it wouldn't reload. Anyone know how to fix this?

Sven Johannsen
11-23-2004, 05:02 PM
I do have a problem with my x50v. The switcher app wont load. I had it running for a while, then when I did a soft reset it wouldn't reload. Anyone know how to fix this?

You need to place a shortcut to the SwitcherBar app into the \Windows\startup folder. That will run it when you soft reset. You can find the executable under \Windows.

webdaemon
11-24-2004, 03:53 AM
Thanks sven.

Actually, I was running ms streets and spb pocket plus and when I installed them they both said the program was written for PPC 2002, and the thing was running really slow so I uninstalled both of those and it's running much faster and the switcher app now loads again.

I do want it to load when I have to reset so thanks for the tip sven.