View Full Version : Recording screen captures as video

CaptainMatt
10-31-2004, 10:48 PM
ok ,i've read all the great posts about how to record static screen shots of a device, but i'm trying to find a way to record *video* (about 10 seconds) of me navigating through a program on an ipaq. is this possible? suggestions?
:roll:
thanks!

suddenly_ike
11-01-2004, 01:04 AM
With PocketController you can capture video footage from your pda.

OSUKid7
11-01-2004, 01:23 AM
If you want a free solution, just take screen shots of every "frame" you need (unless it's actually fluid/video) and build an animated gif on your PC.

CaptainMatt
11-02-2004, 02:06 AM
Ok, here's another follow up question...

What is the best format to save small movie clips for playback on a Pocket PC?

Thanks

Darius Wey
11-02-2004, 03:21 AM
Ok, here's another follow up question...

What is the best format to save small movie clips for playback on a Pocket PC?

That depends - how small is small? :P

WMV and AVI (DivX) offer the best compression. MPEG can also be used but the file size can be a little bloated. For WMV, you can use Windows Media Encoder to convert video clips to that format. For AVI (DivX), you can use PocketDivXEncoder, or else, there are a bundle of DivX encoding applications available on the net.

ipaq_wannabe
11-08-2004, 11:26 PM
ok ,i've read all the great posts about how to record static screen shots of a device, but i'm trying to find a way to record *video* (about 10 seconds) of me navigating through a program on an ipaq. is this possible? suggestions?
:roll:
thanks!

yes - i think this would be cute

just as there are apps like this for the desktop, i dont think there is one for the PPC... or is there? maybe through AS with the desktop?

Sven Johannsen
11-09-2004, 01:23 AM
i dont think there is one for the PPC... or is there?

As posted above...Pocket Controller. www.soti.net