View Full Version : Installed XP SP2, now my ActiveSync won't work! Help !!

Frosty Vibe
10-31-2004, 09:51 PM
Hello all.

I am experiencing some problems with my ActiveSync on my computer. Before yesterday, ActiveSync's icon always shows up in the taskbar but since I upgraded to XP SP2... it doesn't show up anymore.

In fact, I can't even initiate ActiveSync, it simply won't start no matter how many times I click on it.

I did check the Windows Firewall and ActiveSync is listed as an exception.

On top of everything, I tried to reintall ActiveSync using the CD and it would just be stuck @ 99%.

Help please, I am using iPAQ H2210, ActiveSync 3.7 and Windows XP SP2

Thank you.

Darius Wey
11-01-2004, 03:28 AM
That is a little strange...

When you said you "reinstalled", did you try an "overwriting" install or a complete uninstall and a re-install of the program? I would attempt to perform a complete uninstall, then install of ActiveSync. See how that goes.

Frosty Vibe
11-01-2004, 04:35 AM
I tried both and neither worked.

Either way the installation process halts completely @ 99% ( I waited all afternoon and no , nothing came up ).

And Activesync is out of my system now and I can't get another copy into it.

thanks

Darius Wey
11-01-2004, 04:50 AM
Give the latest version a go. It's one notch above the one included on the CD. This latest version is at 3.7.1 (Build 4034). You can download it here. (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/activesync37.mspx)If that doesn't work, let us know. :)

Frosty Vibe
11-01-2004, 04:59 AM
I have been trying to install 3.7 ( from the CD ) and 3.7.1 ( from MS website ) all day now but no luck at all.... exact same problem occurs with either file.

This seems to be rather common according to Google Discussion Group but no real solution has been posted there :(

If there's a way to turn back time... my XP was running just fine before, why did I do this.... :cry:

Darius Wey
11-01-2004, 05:23 AM
You can always try uninstalling XP SP2. This can be found in Add/Remove Programs. Hopefully, that will revert your system back to its "ActiveSync-able" state, and then you can try installing ActiveSync from there. If that doesn't work, let us know. :)

Jeff Rutledge
11-01-2004, 05:46 AM
Moved to Software forum.

Frosty Vibe
11-01-2004, 06:05 AM
Sorry for posting in the wrong forum, I thought this was the right one :)

DJ Apod: That is a wonderful suggestion! I am so clouded by everything today, along with all the trick or treaters... I totally ignored that option!

Everything is back to normal now.

Thanks again :)

Jeff