View Full Version : Axim X30 High - Is it now or never? Future discounts or discontinue?

galt
10-31-2004, 09:22 PM
Hi,

In late September my eye was caught by the Axim X30 High (624 MHz) and the multitude of discounts Dell was offering that could be applied to that device bringing the price down below $290. For many reasons my purchase was delayed but I blindly assumed that the release of their X50 would only further drive down prices on the X30.

I've been tracking the Dell discounts and coupons that are displayed at several web sites, it has now been a while since they have offered any discount on the X30 High other than the current 10% off and the stackable $30 to $40 off coupons have become much rarer. The price (after 10% discount) is currently at about $314.

Here are my questions: Is it likely that the days of the better X30 discounts are over? Is it possible that they are on the verge of discontinuing the X30 and replacing it with the X50?

I'm on a tight budget, so an extra $40 dollars off would be a really nice way to help me stretch my limited tech dollars, but should I just go ahead and place the order so I don't miss out on getting one of these fine machines? It's just that I know I'm going to feel like I was foolish and impatient if the discounts are again offered in the following weeks...

Can you tell this is making me :worried: ?

iiinycboi
11-01-2004, 01:15 AM
I ordered my x30 624mhz on oct 6th and got a online deal for it. I got it only for 266 dollars. But its oct 31st and i still havent received shipping yet. =( that sucks but i got a great deal on it. I guess time makes up for the money? I was planning to use it for school.

Darius Wey
11-02-2004, 03:49 AM
The release of the X50 has really pushed the price of the X30 down. So IMO, unless you're out there wanting the biggest and best, and you want VGA, dedicated graphics accelerator, etc. I'm sure the X30 High will be just fine. Now as to whether it's the right time or not, well no one can tell really. I'm always an impatient one when it comes to getting Pocket PCs, so I'd order it now. I suppose you could always cancel it later on down the track if you find a cheaper offer.

galt
11-02-2004, 03:53 AM
I suppose you could always cancel it later on down the track if you find a cheaper offer.

I've been thinking about doing that, the current ship date based on a zero-configuration option is 15 days out, that would give me some time... I guess it couldn't hurt, right?

Darius Wey
11-02-2004, 03:57 AM
I've been thinking about doing that, the current ship date based on a zero-configuration option is 15 days out, that would give me some time... I guess it couldn't hurt, right?

Wouldn't hurt one bit! :D I've been under a similar situation before (not with Pocket PCs), and have found a cheaper deal. So I cancelled the first order and went after the new one - saved many dollars in the process. :P

galt
11-02-2004, 05:03 AM
You convinced me. Order placed. Done. FINALLY! :D

Excuse my childish enthusiasm, but...
MY FIRST PPC IS NOW ON ORDER!! W00T!!! :beer:

A million thanks to Dj Apod and others for all the info and indirect and direct help. I wasn't sure a PPC was right for me, but after spending some time here (probably too much time) I'm sold on this platform.