View Full Version : We're Looking for a Server Guy: Is That You?

Jason Dunn
10-29-2004, 11:00 AM
We've been having some server issues lately, and while part of that is related to our highly dynamic site design, part of it is related to the fact that we haven't had the manpower to really optimize the server software. When something locks up, I IM Janak. When some server needs re-starting, I IM Janak. We've had some great help from <a href="http://www.dejavusoftware.com">Jorj</a> lately, but Janak is still the "Go To" guy. The problem is that Janak also hadles out assigning all the news, so he's a very busy guy - and did I mention he has a day job?<br /><br />We're looking for someone to help us out in a volunteer capacity with maintenance and updates on our server. We have a Dell dual 2.4 Ghz Xeon box with 2 GB of RAM and twin 73 GB SCSI drives in a RAID array, hosted with ev1servers. The type of knowledge that we're looking for:<br /><br />1. Remote management of Linux boxes<br /> - Security, kernel updates<br /> - User management<br /> - Performance optimization<br /><br />2. MySQL/Apache administration experience helpful<br /> - Configuration/updating packages<br /> - Debugging performance/overload issues<br /> - Maintenance of logs and associated analytics package<br /> - MySQL/Apache optimization<br /><br />Is that you? Feel like being available on IM to help out when things go wonky? Have the time now and then to help us update kernels, install patches, and all that jazz? Want to be a part of our team, and enjoy the glory and adoration that goes along with that? :lol: Want to be the primary reason three Web sites serving 1.3 million people a month stay alive and kicking, hence making you a hero in the eyes of many? If so, please use <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/contact.php">the contact form</a> to send me an email and tell me a little about yourself, your skills, and why you'd be perfect for this completely volunteer position that pays nothing at all. :wink: