View Full Version : Calendar app locks up 5455

hogger_jeff
10-27-2004, 09:39 PM
This is a fairly recent problem. I have not made any changes or installed any prorams to cause this issue. WM2003 upgrade is installed weeks ago. For the last few days, whenever I start up the standard Calendar app, my PPC locks up when I try to exit it. I have to do a soft reset. If I just power off and then back on, I'm locked up. Is there a way to re-install the Calendar app, or should I re-install all of WM2003? I take it I should back up before any re-install???

ctmagnus
10-27-2004, 09:53 PM
Try pulling the battery for five or ten minutes and reinserting it to see if this clears it up. You shouldn't have to reinstall. Just doing a hard-reset (hold down the calendar and iTask buttons and press the soft-reset button in for five mississippis) should correct it but that's a bit of an extreme measure.

But before you do that, I'd check Outlook on the desktop to see if there's an appointment on that day (regular appt, all day or multi-day event) that may be causing the crash. It's possible that there's a particular string or strings of text somewhere in the appt that's causng the lock-up.

hogger_jeff
10-28-2004, 04:18 AM
I actually don't use Outlook. The only appointments that are on it are ones that were sync'd from the Ipaq. I'll try pulling the battery and see what happens. Unfortunatley, I left it at work, so I can't try till tomorrow! :oops: