View Full Version : error/warning(sqlce.ppc3.arm.cab ...) during deployment

arif_1947
10-27-2004, 10:03 AM
hi,

While deploying the application to Pocket PC using VS.NEt2003 + MS Active Sync, i m receiving the following
"Files in the package 'sqlce.ppc3.arm.cab' are more recent on the device than on the development computer. Consider upgrading to the latest version. Files affected are:
Sscemw20.dll"

and after deployment, statements executing SQL queries causing the application to hang. however statements or simple applications without SQL are working fine.

What should i do for this? please help.

Arif.

Darius Wey
10-27-2004, 10:14 AM
Hi arif_1947, you probably don't want to be cross-posting (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33710)... ;)

Since you're trying to deploy the SQL CE, I have to ask which Pocket PC you have? You will find that in this folder: \Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\CompactFrameworkSDK\v1.0.5000\Windows CE, there are two subdirectories: wce300, which is for Windows CE 3.x devices, and wce400, which is for Windows CE 4.x devices. It sounds as though you are trying to install an older version of SQL CE on to your current Pocket PC. If you own a device that runs Windows CE 4.x, you will want to copy the sql.wce4.*.CAB, sqlce.dev.wce4.*.CAB and sqlce.wce4.*.CAB files on to your device and from there, you can execute them with File Explorer.