View Full Version : Javascript in Pocket PC 2003

orconquest
10-26-2004, 06:18 PM
Hey Guys,
I am trying to develop some dynamic graphcs on webpages using javascript for Pocket PC 2003 emulator. Similar to the webpage below.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/xoomimage.htm

If you use the desktop IE, you will notice it has javascript and it moves the airplane around.

When i view the same webpage on my Pocket PC 2003 emulator, nothing moves. I was under the impression Pocket PC 2003 runs javascript? Does anyone know how i can make the emulator support the javascript on the above webpage???

OSUKid7
10-26-2004, 10:39 PM
That doesn't even work in Firefox. :| It uses VBScript too, so maybe that's the problem.

Welcome to PPCT! :way to go:

Darius Wey
10-27-2004, 01:41 AM
When i view the same webpage on my Pocket PC 2003 emulator, nothing moves. I was under the impression Pocket PC 2003 runs javascript? Does anyone know how i can make the emulator support the javascript on the above webpage???

If you want Java to run on the Pocket PC, you will need either (1) a browser that handles Java such as NetFront w/ JV-Lite2, or (2) some sort of stand-alone Java package such as the one offered by IBM.

Pocket IE, by default, does not support Java. Hope that helps. ;)

EDIT: Sorry, if you read my next post, you would have noticed I accidentally wrote JS instead of Java, when clearly, they are two different concepts... My mind was floating somewhere else at the time. :oops: These posts have nothing to do with JS really, it's best to ignore it. I think I need more sleep...

OSUKid7
10-27-2004, 01:53 AM
DJ Apod: Javascript isn't the same thing as Java. PIE supports some JS, but no Java. NetFront is commonly used if you need Java support, but PIE should support most JS. I'm not entirely sure why that script doesn't work, but it may have something to do with the VBScript too.

Darius Wey
10-27-2004, 06:42 AM
DJ Apod: Javascript isn't the same thing as Java. PIE supports some JS, but no Java. NetFront is commonly used if you need Java support, but PIE should support most JS. I'm not entirely sure why that script doesn't work, but it may have something to do with the VBScript too.

Yep I know that. :oops: Sorry...I was thinking of something else at the time and wrote JS instead of Java. I'll edit the previous post so it makes more sense.

My apologies to those that got confused.

Darius Wey
10-27-2004, 11:15 AM
orconquest, I thought I'd let you know what I have found so far:

(1) I tried it in PIE, and as expected, it didn't work. The plane just sits there.
(2) I tried it in NetFront under the NetFront standard User Agent, and I get the same result.
(3) Again, I tried it in NetFront but this time, under a Internet Explorer 6 User Agent, and again, the same result.