View Full Version : Hot IpAq

ghostdog
10-26-2004, 04:35 PM
My iPaq 1935 has been getting hot and then shutting off after 30 minutes. It tries to reboot and then nothing. Works OK from the cradle. Please help!

Darius Wey
10-26-2004, 04:48 PM
My iPaq 1935 has been getting hot and then shutting off after 30 minutes. It tries to reboot and then nothing. Works OK from the cradle. Please help!

Hmm...this should be in the HP iPAQ Pocket PCs section, but anyway... :)

When you say it tries to reboot and then nothing happens, do you mean it won't go to the today screen and it freezes, or it just shuts off?

Jeff Rutledge
10-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Moved to the iPAQ forum.

ADBrown
10-26-2004, 08:30 PM

Sounds like you have a bad battery. I'd talk to HP for a replacement.

ghostdog
10-26-2004, 11:58 PM
iPaq model 1930 never rebooted today. It was hot to touch just behind the expansion slot. It never responded to the charger either. When it is in the charger, it gets hot. There is no response from reboot button. Is it time to call this? This is more than a dead battery, isn't it?

ADBrown
10-27-2004, 12:40 AM
iPaq model 1930 never rebooted today. It was hot to touch just behind the expansion slot. It never responded to the charger either. When it is in the charger, it gets hot. There is no response from reboot button. Is it time to call this? This is more than a dead battery, isn't it?

Ghostdog, I seem unable to reply to your PM, so my entire reply goes here.

The 1930 has a removable battery, right? Try pulling the battery out, attaching the machine to the charger, and hitting the reset button. Also, get a flashlight and shine it into the expansion slot. Look for anything in there that looks out of place, or bent. Could be a defective battery, could be a short circuit somewhere. HP really should offer better customer service than that--if this were a Dell unit, they'd overnight ship a replacement.