View Full Version : 9v Power Adapter doesn't charge my hx4700 battery.What's up?

greggipaq
10-26-2004, 12:37 PM
Hi all,

For my iPaq hx4700 I just bought the new HP 9v adapter that provides power to my pocket pc using a standard 9v battery. The store worker showed me the adapter and I thought it was a cool idea and great accessory. The problem is it doesn't charge the hx4700's battery when it is connected, even when I have the hx4700 powered off. I left it connected for an hour (amber charge light of hx4700 was blinking like it does when I have normal a/c adapter plugged in) and surprisingly noticed my battery power percentage did not go up one iota . The 9v adapter had no instructions in the package which didn't surprise me since I thought it is a basic connection.

*Does anybody know a way to get my pocket pc to charge using this adapter? So far it seems the only use for this adapter is to supply power to your device without putting further drain on it.

Thanks. I love my hx4700.

Gregg
Salem, OR

greggipaq
10-26-2004, 12:40 PM
Here's a link that shows the exact adapter I purchased:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpdirect/shopping/scripts/home/store_access.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0744748942.1098789851@@@@&BV_EngineID=cceiadcmlkliiidcfngcfkmdflldfgg.0&template_type=product_detail&page=home&site=main&product_code=PJ549AA%23ABA

Gregg

Darius Wey
10-26-2004, 01:06 PM
This adapter's intended purpose is not to charge the battery. It only serves to provide supplementary power when you need it.

It's a lot like the external battery adapter pack provided with a lot of new portable CD players. It only gives it more juice. :mrgreen:

greggipaq
10-26-2004, 11:35 PM
Thanks. I guess I was misled with the description "Emergency charger module (no battery supplied)."

Oh well, I think I'll keep in anyway for emergency power.

Take care :)