View Full Version : Desktop Contacts & Pocket PC Contacts: How do I fix the "File As" field???

lanekhoy
10-25-2004, 09:48 PM
HI,

When I sync my desktop and PDA the contacts transfer fine; when I then sync with my laptop, it messes up the "file as" field in the contact on the laptop.

Can anyone help?

Darius Wey
10-26-2004, 04:51 AM
it messes up the "file as" field in the contact on the laptop.

What do you mean by "messes up"? Does it not appear anymore, or the order is messed up?

lanekhoy
10-26-2004, 10:54 AM
Hi,

In the "file as" field I select the format:

COMPANY (FULL NAME)

This results in the conact appearing as desired in the address card view on the primary PC, my desktop. But after transferring the Outlook data via activesync to the laptop, the space between COMPANY and (FULL NAME) is for some reason removed which makes the address card view format wrong, and the

This happens with each and every contact where I have the contact selected in this format for the address card view. This really has me stumped.

Darius Wey
10-26-2004, 11:05 AM
Hmmm, that is an oddity.

Why don't you backup your contact details from the desktop to a .PST file, copy that file over to your laptop, extract the backed up data on the laptop, and try synchronising it then?

Of course, you may need to delete your first .PST file which the laptop is currently using. Instructions on how to do this can be found here. (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33579)

Hopefully, that should solve it all.