View Full Version : Clear Pocket IE saved passwords?

C Brandt
10-25-2004, 06:42 PM
I want to be able to login to a kerberos secured website as myself and also let my wife use the website... the first tiem I logged in, I chose to have my PPC save my password. Now, there isn't any way for her to log in as herself since the username/password box never comes up again.

Is there any way to delete the stored username/password?

Thanks,
Chris

Darius Wey
10-25-2004, 06:48 PM
I assume you are using Pocket Internet Explorer?

If so, load the program, then click Tools --> Options, and it may help to "Delete Files" in the General tab, and "Clear Cookies" in the Advanced tab.

If that doesn't work, let us know. ;)

EDIT:

I assume you are using Pocket Internet Explorer?

Just read the title! :bangin: :bangin: :bangin:

C Brandt
10-25-2004, 07:55 PM
Nope, it just logs me back in.

I deleted the files, history, and cookies. CLosed PIE, did a soft reset, and then tried to get in. I was automatically logged in to the site.

Help!

Darius Wey
10-26-2004, 04:43 AM
Hmm....try opening up File Explorer and navigating to \Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ and deleting all the files you see in there. You may have to tap-and-hold to enable the "View All Files" option.

C Brandt
10-26-2004, 08:33 PM
Nope -- no files in that directory - even after selecting view-all.

Any other ideas?

C Brandt
10-26-2004, 10:21 PM
After seeing a tip on the Brighthand forum, i was able to remove the stored username/password by deleging an entry in the registry using the PHM registry editor... Worked like a charm.

\HKEY_LOCAL_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Passwords

Chris