View Full Version : Money 2005

OldMan50
10-25-2004, 07:48 AM
What a pain. I use my Money on a daily basis. But the sofware for the PPC is NOT available yet.

Does anyone have any idea when it will be available.

And what a PIA ..... If I knew it (the PPC version 05) was not available I would of waited before purchasing the PC upgrade.

Thans all

Darius Wey
10-25-2004, 08:00 AM
The release date is not yet known.

It has been advised that you check back here (http://www.microsoft.com/money/addons.mspx) every so often to see if there is an update available.

JimPAQ
10-26-2004, 05:12 PM
OldMan,

I can understand your frustration. I have been using Money 2005 for over a month now and I'm wonder how long they can keep saying "coming soon!!!" before it's not really soon any more. I mean let's face it, if it's coming soon today, then it wasn't really coming soon a month ago IMO. Any way, today I just have to manually input data into 2005 from PPC Money 2004.

--Jim

Denis Khitrov
10-27-2004, 12:02 PM
Hi OldMan!

I've just posted a message about our new beta program for Spb Finance Money Edition. Recent version of Spb Finance ME is compatible with MS Money 2004, but now we are adding support for older versions and 2005 version as well. If you are interested, just register as beta tester and we inform you when 2005 compatible version be ready. It really be soon ;)

famousdavis
10-29-2004, 10:46 PM
I'm a Microsoft Money user, too, since Money98. I'm on Money 2003 right now...decided to skip at least every other year to save some $$$ since the product is pretty mature already.

Do you like Money 2005? Was it worth upgrading? What new feature do you use or like the most?

JimPAQ
10-30-2004, 06:40 PM
I love Money 2005 despite the absence of Money 2005 for PPC. However, I would highly recommend reading some money news groups before deciding to purchase. From what I have read, a lot of people have had a lot of problems with Money; especially in the area of on-line synchronization. The only real issue that I have ever had with Money 2005 is in the area of budgeting. When I created a budget, Money picked up on an old bill that I had in Money 2004 (I upgraded) and I can’t seem to get it removed from the budget or replaced with the new version of the bill.

Despite the minor issues and the problems listed in the news groups, I have found Money 2005 to be a great improvement over Money 2004 and all previous versions that I used. I especially like the new home page view of Money 2005 that allows for total customization. All in all, Money 2005, for me, just seems easer to use from the ground up. Of course, I have been a long time Money user, and I suspect that some of the problems that have been reported in the news groups may be from new users of Money. Also, I don’t use on-line synchronization which, as I said, seems to be where most of the issues are being reported. I did try on-line synchronization and found it to work exactly as I expected; which is not how I want it to work. That is, it replaces my payee description with the description of the payee from the bank’s website which I just don’t like. What I would really like is for Money to reconcile or at least clear the items that are synchronized and allow me to decide if I want to keep the payee description from Money or use the banks description. Oh well, maybe Money 2006.

Jim

iant54
11-01-2004, 10:46 AM
Inesoft's Cash Organiser 2004 with Money Sync is also Money 2005 compatible.

JimPAQ
11-06-2004, 06:10 AM
I think something is happening... Yes, I think something is happening... Is it just me, or did Microsoft change the Money 2005 add-ons page from "Microsoft Money for Pocket PCs is coming soon!" to "Microsoft Money for Windows Mobile-based Pocket PCs is coming soon!" I have been checking the page several times a day and I think that the statement has been updated.

--Jim

Darius Wey
11-06-2004, 06:42 AM
I think something is happening... Yes, I think something is happening... Is it just me, or did Microsoft change the Money 2005 add-ons page from "Microsoft Money for Pocket PCs is coming soon!" to "Microsoft Money for Windows Mobile-based Pocket PCs is coming soon!" I have been checking the page several times a day and I think that the statement has been updated.

--Jim

Nope. I noticed that a while ago too. It doesn't mean anything though..."yet"! :D