View Full Version : hx4705

blueman
10-23-2004, 12:57 AM
Hi all,
Just picked up an hx4705 from at Compusa tonight here in the Minneapolis/Saint Paul area.

Haven't had a PDA in going on 6 years. Man is this different!

I'm a software developer by trade and hope to write something fun for this device. So I'm going to be delving into how to utilize .NET on this platform. This should be a challenge!

Any insite you can give on this would be much appreciated.

TIA
Blueman

blueman
10-25-2004, 02:31 AM
Unit seems fairly intuitive. Still looking for a way to delete a file, but the rest is fine.

Bought an eBook from eBooks.com only to find out about eBooks on these. Found out you can't use Adobe in most cases, the MS Reader is going on hold, and the 3rd one --MobiPocket Reader-- I've never heard of.

Had to install Adobe Acrobat since the ClearVue PDF thing they installed wouldn't read half of my files. Kinda odd way to do that--through the sync software and cradle.

I'm really going to be interested in a couple of things:

1) Creating my first .NET app
2) Bluetooth and RFID

Oh and I did get the screen to run in landscape mode and ClearType is enabled.

Blueman

newst
10-25-2004, 11:51 AM
Blueman,

Some thoughts:

A. "Still looking for a way to delete a file, but the rest is fine."

Use pocket explorer to locate the file, tap and hold the fileneme and a dialogue box comes up with options-including delete the file.

B. "Kinda odd way to do that--through the sync software and cradle."

Can't argue with you. Many software authors provide .cab files (compressed executables that install the program from within the pocket pc) and, in fact, most desktop installation files leave a copy of the .cab file somewhere in the Program Files directory of your C drive. Finally, there are a small number of Pocket PC .exe programs around that run directly on the Pocket PC.

C. I'd recommend checking out the forums, particularly the HX4700 forum, at http://www.brighthand.com. There are some sharp PPC programmers that spend a lot of time there.

D. Finally, check out a program called Tweaks2k2.net. I think you will find it useful in more ways than one.

blueman
10-26-2004, 02:21 PM
Thanks!

Blueman