View Full Version : Dell order status

havrek
10-22-2004, 12:54 AM
I'm new to dell so forgive me ignorance. Every other PPC I've ever bought was off the shelf and iPAQs for the last few years. My order status has never changed. It has the date I ordered it and then some grayed out stuff with the same date and then the ship date. It has said pre-production for over a week. Has anyone else had their status updated since the day they placed the order?

Darius Wey
10-22-2004, 01:31 AM
The Dell order status tends to be updated everday, although in most cases, what you see on the screen can be a couple of days behind because it takes a while for communication to occur between Dell and the courier service.

A bit unfortunate in your case since it doesn't appear to be updated, and I've spoken to many people who have been in your shoes in the past. Either it is actually making its way to you as we speak (but the website hasn't updated these details), or there may actually be a delay in production and transportation. I've been a lucky one in my experiences as my order tended to be on par with what appeared on the order status screen.

Give it a few days, and if you're still in concern, you can always contact Dell and ask them what is happening. Their friendly support team can help you out.

Sven Johannsen
10-22-2004, 04:00 AM
I assume you are talking about an X50? I also assume you have an expected ship date sometime in late Nov. Dell's order status makes sense if you are getting a system built and actually has some meaning then. For the PPC I expect you won't see any change until it actually ships. Don't be surprised if it shows up before the web site knows about it. Actually, be pleasantly surprised.

I would recommend not obsessing over it. Check maybe once a week or so. Better yet, check these forums daily and you will know immediately if anyone's status has changed. When that happens, check yours.

Kati Compton
10-22-2004, 04:26 AM
I assume you are talking about an X50? I also assume you have an expected ship date sometime in late Nov. Dell's order status makes sense if you are getting a system built and actually has some meaning then. For the PPC I expect you won't see any change until it actually ships. Don't be surprised if it shows up before the web site knows about it. Actually, be pleasantly surprised.

I would recommend not obsessing over it. Check maybe once a week or so. Better yet, check these forums daily and you will know immediately if anyone's status has changed. When that happens, check yours.

Yes - 2 years ago when I ordered my Axim, it showed up before the status changed. The status report you can get over the automatic phone system is more up-t0-date, but like Sven said, I wouldn't expect to see a change until a few days before your ship date.

Qooop
10-22-2004, 10:44 AM
The answer is it simply has not started shipping yet. As far as I know no one has yet received their X50.

Darius Wey
10-22-2004, 10:48 AM
The answer is it simply has not started shipping yet. As far as I know no one has yet received their X50.

We're not 100% sure that havrek has even ordered the X50. It could be the X30 for all we know, so it may be best to not jump to conclusions just yet. ;)

havrek
10-22-2004, 03:14 PM
Sorry for not being more specific. I ordered the x50v and saw all of that build stuff and it was grayed out. My ship date is 11/23 and the status hasn't changed since the day I ordered it (still says pre-production). I was just worried something was wrong with my order.
I'll keep checking here and try not to obsess. I'm an instant gratification kind of guy and never ordered a Dell before so I'm afraid of some of the horror stories I've heard about Dell. Based on what I've read about the x50v I decided that I couldn't pass it up. I've always had iPAQs but I think HP is making a big mistake on their new lines and I believe that Dell is right on track. Just my opinion.

Grouch
10-22-2004, 04:45 PM
I ordered the x50v and saw all of that build stuff and it was grayed out. My ship date is 11/23 and the status hasn't changed .

If you're in the US, the very first ship date is Nov. 17th, so you're about a week behind that. You should see folks start posting when they get their X50v's. However, be aware that Canadian ship dates are several weeks earlier than US ones.

As others have said, the web site is usually slow in showing when your order has shipped. The good news is that Dell tends to be very conservative on ship dates, so you *may* see it before late Nov.

Nelia

Jeff00000168
10-23-2004, 05:00 AM
I haven't ordered my X50v yet. I still have to wait till end of the month before I could spend again. Hopefully I get like a 20% discount coupon or something by then. I guess I won't be getting mine till January. Oh well...

Hey DJ Apod & Sven! Are you the same guys I see at the Aximsite? Your avatars look familiar. :D

Darius Wey
10-23-2004, 05:08 AM
Hey DJ Apod & Sven! Are you the same guys I see at the Aximsite? Your avatars look familiar. :D

Nope...unless I subconsciously became a part of Aximsite without knowing. :P

Jeff00000168
10-23-2004, 05:20 AM
Oh sorry about that... got you mixed up with someone else. :mrgreen:

Sven Johannsen
10-23-2004, 06:10 AM

Not me either, though I wouldn't put it past me to have registered over there to make a post at some time.

Alucard89
10-25-2004, 10:29 PM
Heh...my shipping date of x50v is december 6...I should have hurried. :cry:

gtmtnbiker98
10-26-2004, 02:02 AM
My ship date is 12/02.

webdaemon
10-26-2004, 08:13 AM
My ship date is 12/19 for the X50v. They must really be back logged and they haven't even started shipping yet....

EDIT: Oops, I ordered on 10/19, ship date is 12/13... Hey, that's almost a week earlier than I expected! :P

gtmtnbiker98
10-28-2004, 02:10 AM
I'm giving Dell a week to ship and if they don't, I'm buying the iPAQ 4700. I sold my h4150 on E-Bay and now find myself suffering from withdrawal. Anyway, the clock is ticking.

famousdavis
10-30-2004, 02:45 AM
I ordered the x50v and saw all of that build stuff and it was grayed out. My ship date is 11/23 and the status hasn't changed .

If you're in the US, the very first ship date is Nov. 17th, so you're about a week behind that. You should see folks start posting when they get their X50v's. However, be aware that Canadian ship dates are several weeks earlier than US ones.

As others have said, the web site is usually slow in showing when your order has shipped. The good news is that Dell tends to be very conservative on ship dates, so you *may* see it before late Nov.

Nelia

On Dell's website right now -- Friday, October 29 -- they show a ship date for the X50v as 11/15. I ordered mine earlier this week, and my ship date is scheduled 11/11!

If it gets here before Thanksgiving, I'll be happy enough.

havrek
10-30-2004, 04:22 AM
This is really burning me up. My ship date is still 11/23. I ordered on my x50v on 10/18 and have a ship date of 11/23. I go out to the website and if you order one now it ships on 11/15. Can anyone explain this.

Kati Compton
10-30-2004, 06:39 AM
This is really burning me up. My ship date is still 11/23. I ordered on my x50v on 10/18 and have a ship date of 11/23. I go out to the website and if you order one now it ships on 11/15. Can anyone explain this.

Grrr. I may contact my sales rep about that.

havrek
10-31-2004, 03:42 AM
I called Dell and oh well. First the communication barrier with the rep on the phone. It's just tough when I have to repeat everything twice and he had to repeat everything twice. In the end it didn't really matter. He told me that the website date isn't real. After you order it that date would change when the order was confirmed. I explained that people are ordering it with that date and he just kept repeating himself. I read on the aximsite that people are ordering them now and their status says ship dates of 11/15 and that they are in production all ready. ?????? Never bought a Dell before and I'm a little discouraged right now. Always had iPAQs but don't know about them anymore and don't like the touchpad. Decisions decisions....

yarzy
11-01-2004, 12:17 AM
My x50v is shipped and is in transit now!!! I should have it tomorrow because I did next day shipping. I can't wait!

iiinycboi
11-01-2004, 01:17 AM
i ordered a x30 624mhz on oct 6th and my status still havent changed from preproduction up until now. I just finish and now its IN production. I got so mad i called dell to yell for 1 hr lols. I waited over 20 days for it!

gtmtnbiker98
11-01-2004, 03:03 AM
Yarzy, when did you order your handheld?