View Full Version : Screen Protectors for Ipaq 4150

dibbs26
10-21-2004, 04:15 PM
Which is the best one to get please guys ?

cheers

P

delfuhd
10-21-2004, 05:12 PM
http://www.pocketpctechs.com/

'nuff said

dibbs26
10-22-2004, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the reply. I have had a look at the site and their are two types.
Which is the best one AG or C2 ?

Cheers
P

StickyPenguin
10-22-2004, 03:13 PM
I've ordered the cheap screen protectors before and quickly got annoyed with bubbling and the lack of responsiveness.

At the moment I'm using Martin Fields screen protectors on my Ipaq 4150. They are available at http://www.overlayplus.com/ and I picked them mainly because of the 30% discount for being a subscriber.

I have to say that so far I'm really impressed with them. The mild adhesive totally eliminates bubbling, the screen stays nice and clear without much glare and it's still as responsive to the stylus as ever.

I'll probably try the pocketpctechs or the boxwave (http://www.boxwave.com/products/categories/screen_protectors.htm) ones next to see if there's any difference.

As to which is best, AG or C2, without having tried the pocketpctechs ones it depends on in what environment you most commonly use your device. If you constantly using it in bright indoor or outdoor environments and find glare a problem the go for the AG. If colour and clarity are your thing then pick the clear version.

dibbs26
10-22-2004, 09:14 PM
cheers sticky for the reply :)
I don't really use the ipaq outside much so I will probably plum for the c2.
Thanks for explaining the difference....

peter

buss
10-25-2004, 12:28 AM
When I had my second Palm one of the first things I did was to purchase screen protectors since I screwed up the screen on first one. They do work, but the headache with dust, bubbles and aglinment had me replacing them about every 3 months.

When I bought my 4155, I took it to a HP authorized dealer, puchased a package of thier best protectors and had them install it. This guy was great! Canned air, camels hair brushes, most professional job I ever saw. He screwed up two of the sheets before he finally got the third one on perfectly. This sheet has been on there for over 8 months now and it still looking great. In fact a buddy of mine flew in from Hong Kong this weekend and while we were comparing PPCs (well know custom of the geeks) he told me that I need to use screen protectors, when I showed him that I was using, he could not believe how clear the screen was.

My suggestion, spend the money for the best and pay a little more to have it professionally installed. Well worth it.

dibbs26
10-26-2004, 01:39 PM
Thanks buss for the reply. Which make should i get ?

cheers
p

Darius Wey
10-26-2004, 01:48 PM
When I had my second Palm one of the first things I did was to purchase screen protectors since I screwed up the screen on first one. They do work, but the headache with dust, bubbles and aglinment had me replacing them about every 3 months.

You will find that with a lot of these screen protectors, total avoidance of bubbles is very hard, especially if you install it yourself. However, with time and copious usage of your Pocket PC (perhaps 3-4 weeks), the force of the stylus on the screen tends to iron out the bubbles and eventually they will disappear. Even though I only have ordinary Belkin screen protectors on my Pocket PC, I find that once all the bubbles have disappeared, it really does do a decent job at protecting the screen, and it doesn't look bad either...

Tacomahunter
10-27-2004, 01:40 AM
Brando:

I have been using these protectors for the last 5 years and they are hands down the best. Everytime I buy a (used to be Palm) now a 4155 PPC, I get one and never look back. They are removeable, washable and are crystal clear.
They cost $11.00 each (includes shipping from Hong Kong)

Here is the link:

http://shop.brando.com.hk/ultraclearscreenprotector.php

I just got mine for the new PPC and it is installed already and working GREAT!