View Full Version : Can the side buttons on the X50 be remapped to be up and down controls?

Sparky
10-19-2004, 04:34 PM
Since I use my pocket pc 80% of the time for reading books, I was wondering if the side button (which I bellieve are wireless controls) can be remapped to be "page ip" and "page down" controls?

It's a bit dissappointing that there is no rocker on the side.

Pat Logsdon
10-19-2004, 07:38 PM
You should be able to remap them from Start/Settings/Buttons. :wink:

Jeff00000168
10-19-2004, 11:34 PM
Yes, you can :D

DuaneAA
11-19-2004, 04:00 AM
Okay, I got my x50v yesterday. I tried this and it doesn't work the way it should.

I went into Start/Settings/Buttons. The only logical choices seem to be <Scroll Down> and <Scroll Up>. When I set these up to the buttons on the side and then go into Word, they merely move the cursor down one line at a time, they do not move forward a full screen at a time like I want.

At least the navigator button will scroll a full screen at a time, but it is too easy to hit the center button function on the navigator button, which closes the document I am trying to read.

Any help on how to reprogram the side buttons to scroll a full screen at a time would be greatly appreciated.

A separate 'deficiency' I have with Word in the x50v is that it always shows ALL documents stored on my SD card. I have lots of fiction stored in different folders, but when I try to just see the items in a specific folder, it always shows everything in all folders. My old Tosh E310 does not have this problem.

Thanks,
Duane