View Full Version : inbox attachments

martynb
10-19-2004, 08:58 AM
I use an iPaq 2210 with both CF and SD card installed.
I sync inbox to Outlook, copying full copies of messages and attachments.
When I look at the options in the activesync inbox menu the 'save attachments to storage card' is there, but the only storage card shown is the measly 3Mb internal iPaq File Store, and not my 512CF or 256SD.
How can I force inbox to use my SD or CF for attachment storage?
Martyn.

yankeejeep
10-19-2004, 04:13 PM
I think that the built-in flash ROM is the preset choice for alternate attachment storage as a safeguard; if you are directing attachments to a card location and don't have the card inserted...Can we all say reset?

However, there are several utility apps available that include repointing the attachment destination to a memory card as one of their tweaks. I use Tweak2k2.net for this and several other system changes on my PPC. If you don't want to experiment with hacking your registry settings, a tweaking program is a very good investment.

Jason Dunn
10-19-2004, 08:52 PM
Yeah, this is a known issue - you need to do a registry hack or use Tweaks2K2 to fix it. :-(

martynb
10-20-2004, 08:25 AM
Thanks guys.
Took a look at tweaks2k2, and it seems a useful program, but way more stuff than I want.
Any ideas on the registry hack, and I'll give that a go..........

Steven Cedrone
10-20-2004, 12:28 PM
Thanks guys.
Took a look at tweaks2k2, and it seems a useful program, but way more stuff than I want.
Any ideas on the registry hack, and I'll give that a go..........

Well, you are in luck! Ctitanic (the author of Tweaks2k2) documents the hacks he adds to the program (for those of us that would rather just hack the registry :wink: )

Here is the link:
http://www.tweaks2k2.com/how_to/index.htm

Oh, and here is a great Registry editor:
http://www.phm.lu/products/PocketPC/RegEdit/

Steve

martynb
10-20-2004, 01:06 PM
Thanks Steven.
Maybe I missed something, but looking through the list, I don't see the inbox hack I need.........