View Full Version : PocketBreeze is my new Favorite Today Screen Plug-in!

ChunkyMonkey
10-19-2004, 03:02 AM
I've been using PocketBreeze for awhile now.

http://www.sbsh.net/products/pocketbreeze/

All I can say is "Wow!". It seems to take very little resources for the complexity of what it does. Every day I use it I discover a neat little feature that I never suspected.

Normally the cost is $13, but they seem to offer a very reasonable 50% competative upgrade. I didn't discover that until I already purchased it. :(

http://www.sbsh.net/products/pocketbreeze/index.php?page=special_offers

I use my PIM features of my PDA 10 times more than I used to. And I have never seen a developer that is so responsive to requests!

Jacob
10-19-2004, 03:55 AM
It's a fantastic product. 2/3 of the today screen apps I have are from SBSH :)

I also have contactbreeze!

THey also have the best support I've ever seen in software. Great stuff.

ChunkyMonkey
10-19-2004, 09:05 AM
Does Contactbreeze integrate directly into PocketBreeze or is it another Today Screen Plugin?

Darius Wey
10-19-2004, 09:17 AM
Does Contactbreeze integrate directly into PocketBreeze or is it another Today Screen Plugin?

Both are two separately purchased products, but ContactBreeze does integrate into PocketBreeze as another "tab-button" thing on the top-right corner of the plugin.

maymaio
10-19-2004, 02:12 PM
If you purchased PocketBreeze you will find a discount on their registration email for ContactBreeze :D

ironguy
10-19-2004, 04:03 PM
I also am a fan of PB and CB. Additionally, I'm using iLauncher, a Today program launcher. It's very good too.

One of the best things about these products is the absolutely incredible support from the developers. It seems as if Amit sits looking at the forums all day while whittling away at future developments and resolving issues.

I sent a PM to him once and was answered in two minutes!

Maybe PPCT should get them included in the discounts page!

Darius Wey
10-19-2004, 04:21 PM
Since we're all having a general SBSH "thumbs-up" discussion, just thought you all might like to know that Pocket Weather is now at version 0.99.06 and version 1 should be on sale within the next few weeks, at $8 but with discounts given to SBSH registered forum members.

To try out 0.99.06, click here. (http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1988)

amitregev
10-19-2004, 05:04 PM
Hi DJ-Apod,

I'm glad to say the price will be lower then $8 when the first version will be released :)

Most chances the price will be $7 and registered forum members will be able to purchase it for about $5, which I think it a fair price to support the continue of the development of the product as we done until today :)

BTW - I also replied your post on our forums :D welcome to the SBSH forums.

amitregev
10-19-2004, 05:06 PM
One of the best things about these products is the absolutely incredible support from the developers. It seems as if Amit sits looking at the forums all day while whittling away at future developments and resolving issues.

Well... sometimes I sleep :lol: but not too long, and even then I'm sure J-Mac, Sully, Craxim, Rob, Blazingwolf and other SBSH experienced users will be glad to help :)

I will be glad to, but don't know who to contact for this :(

Darius Wey
10-19-2004, 05:09 PM

I will be glad to, but don't know who to contact for this :(

Perhaps Jason would be your best bet. ;)

amitregev
10-19-2004, 05:17 PM
Guess you're right :)

I'll do so ASAP 8)

Darius Wey
10-19-2004, 05:18 PM
I'm glad to say the price will be lower then $8 when the first version will be released :)

Most chances the price will be $7 and registered forum members will be able to purchase it for about $5, which I think it a fair price to support the continue of the development of the product as we done until today :)

That's a very cheap price. It's great to see that you put a lot of effort into your work yet keep the price down for the benefit of consumers. Great stuff!

Well... sometimes I sleep Laughing but not too long

That's dedication! :clap:

Kati Compton
10-19-2004, 06:18 PM
I purchased both Pocket Breeze and Contact Breeze (didn't see the discount for Contact Breeze :( Oh well.), and am VERY happy with both. I find the display far more useful than my old tAgenda view of things, and having Contact Breeze really makes finding a contact MUCH quicker 'cause it's just on the Today Screen (but dynamically loaded so there's not a big constant memory hit).

Pocket Weather has been a little buggy for me, but it's improving. When it's finished, I may move over completely from Weather Today.

mvirata
10-20-2004, 09:47 PM
...I find the display far more useful than my old tAgenda view of things...

I switched from tAgenda as well, as it was the best program I could find to maximize information onto the today screen. Prior to that I used Dashboard, which never seemed to move fast enough for my tastes. PocketBreeze really does it all. I predict this program will be preinstalled on PocketPC's be either Dell or HP (or both), as these companies will see the value in having a good looking and functional today screen application for their PDA's on display at stores and kiosks.

baker
10-21-2004, 02:49 AM
What I like the best is being able to use the d-pad to scroll through several days of apppointments. If I'll just do that a few times a day, I don't forget things!

ChunkyMonkey
10-22-2004, 03:24 AM
What I like the best is being able to use the d-pad to scroll through several days of apppointments. If I'll just do that a few times a day, I don't forget things!

Yea, that is also one of the big beneifits for me as well. I use the PIM functions much more now then before.

StickyPenguin
10-22-2004, 03:23 PM
I bought PocketBreeze a few months ago and it's by far my favourite (and most useful) app.

I'm now looking at getting ahold of ContactBreeze and Pocket Weather.

Though I've had no need to contact support yet, it's really comforting to constantly hear positive comments about the developers and the quality of support available.

Darius Wey
10-23-2004, 04:38 PM
I'm now looking at getting ahold of ContactBreeze and Pocket Weather.

ContactBreeze has just been updated. You can download it from here. (http://www.sbsh.net/products/contactbreeze/ContactBreeze1010.zip)