View Full Version : BillPro Pocket For Portable Order Processing

Ed Hansberry
10-18-2004, 08:00 PM
<a href="http://www.abcs-international.com/Billpro_Pocket.htm">http://www.abcs-international.com/Billpro_Pocket.htm</a><br /><br /><i>BillPro Pocket® is a complete software application that runs on Windows™ based Pocket PC touch-screen handhelds specially designed for use in restaurants, bars, hotels, and more.</i><br /><br />Features include:<br /><br /> • Take orders directly from the guest's table.<br /> • Manage tables in real time, with the ability to enter and store order information from any other stationary or handheld workstations.<br /> • Immediately fire orders out to one or more remote printers (in the kitchen,bar,fish prep area, etc.)<br /> • Send orders and comments back and forth between the dining room and kitchen.<br /> • Request checks and payment right from the Pocket PC.<br /><br />It is designed to work over 802.11x networks. They have a 30 day trial available. The full product is $499.

jlp
10-19-2004, 12:31 AM
5 Grants for this 8O

I wonder how it stacks against LowFat Software Invoice program??

mel
10-19-2004, 01:41 AM
I love the concept. I've seen Burger King and McDonalds implement this very well by having one employee walk around taking orders from people waiting in line during busy hours. It helps the line move along very efficiently and keeps the guys in the kitchen busy. But other than that, I've yet to see a sit-down restaurant use PDAs to take orders. Maybe it's just a lot easier to scribble an order down on paper. Also, at above $400 per license + cost of hardware, I don't see how a mom and pop restaurant could afford this. One potential source of competition: those self ordering LCD monitors at fancy restaurants, where you can punch in your order at your own table, and the food is brought to you. Anyone ever use one of those?

Mr. PPC
10-20-2004, 06:38 AM
Here in Sydney there are a couple of places that I have been that use PDA's (Palm and Pocket PC) for order taking.

I also have seen Burger King use them as mentioned before.