View Full Version : Audio On 50v

rzanology
10-18-2004, 05:08 PM
This is my first ppc other than an ipaq, so im not sure of this. In the settings menu, under audio..theres two bars on the ipaqs. One for treble and one for bass. Being that I use my ppc for music a lot those settings are very important to me. Will the axim have this built in EQ? I have my 50v on order and im hoping it does. The settings always make a huge difference when listening to music. Thanks in advance.

Darius Wey
10-18-2004, 05:34 PM
Often these EQ settings are implemented into the ROMs by each OEM. Therefore, different OEMs will have different audio settings. If as such, these settings are not available, you can typically find them built into most quality music applications available for the Pocket PC.

Jason Dunn
10-18-2004, 06:40 PM
There are no audio controls on the X50 or X50v (at least none that I can find, and I've looked everywhere). On the plus side, the audio output is excellent - I hooked up the X50v to my Logitech Z680's and it absolutely pounded!

stevekc
10-18-2004, 08:28 PM
If you use Betaplayer to play your MP3s, there is a 10 band graphic EQ.

PetiteFlower
10-18-2004, 09:41 PM
How does the sound from the built-in speaker compare to say, the X5? I wouldn't expect it to be GREAT, but something a little better would be nice :)

Jason Dunn
10-18-2004, 10:02 PM
How does the sound from the built-in speaker compare to say, the X5? I wouldn't expect it to be GREAT, but something a little better would be nice :)

I find it to be about average...I've yet to hear external Pocket PC speakers that make me go "Wow". :-)

takotchi
10-19-2004, 07:10 AM
If you happen to have one of those TotalRemote things that plugs into the headphone output, does it work with the X50? I know it does not work on the X5, X3, or X30 (they claim due to bad audio quality). So I'm assuming it probably won't work with the X50, but I've been hanging onto mine for a while now and was hoping to get some use out of it.

rzanology
10-19-2004, 06:38 PM
There are no audio controls on the X50 or X50v (at least none that I can find, and I've looked everywhere). On the plus side, the audio output is excellent - I hooked up the X50v to my Logitech Z680's and it absolutely pounded!

hey jason,
How about compared to the 2215. I know its a step back...but i need to know how this thing sounds or i will cancel the oder. One of the things i've always hated about media player for ppc is the lack of an eq. The ipaqs made up for that with the built in eq. Does the 50v sounds that much better than that ipaq (which had excellent sound even before the eq) or is it excellent sound period, that could benifit from a eq.

Jason Dunn
10-19-2004, 07:35 PM
How about compared to the 2215.

I don't have that one anymore, I gave it away to a family member.

To my ears, the audio quality of most Pocket PCs are similar - what makes a difference is the bit rate of the song and the headphones you're using.

rzanology
10-21-2004, 02:39 PM
:( I was just playing around with the 4700....It now has a 5 band EQ!!!!! On the old ipaqs it was only 2 sliders, one for bass and one for treble. Now there's 5?!?! :( Cooome on dell...make me happy!!!!!