View Full Version : Pocket Excel & Word.......Instructions ????

dibbs26
10-18-2004, 03:27 PM
Hi,
Does anybody know where to get the above. They are not supplied with ipaq 4150 and after emailing hp i have given up...they directed me to website which was 3 years out of date.
I do have experience of using these progs on the PC but PPC seems a little different, it would be useful to know what certain symbols mean on the screen for instance...
can anybody help?
cheers :?

Darius Wey
10-18-2004, 03:37 PM
Hi,
Does anybody know where to get the above. They are not supplied with ipaq 4150 and after emailing hp i have given up...they directed me to website which was 3 years out of date.
I do have experience of using these progs on the PC but PPC seems a little different, it would be useful to know what certain symbols mean on the screen for instance...
can anybody help?
cheers :?

Are you certain it's not included on your device?

What are you looking for in terms of "instructions"? If you were searching for a PDF file of some sort, there isn't really one. However, I'm pretty sure that if you tap on Start-Help, you can find links for Pocket Excel and Pocket Word.

If they aren't there, let us know. :)

yankeejeep
10-19-2004, 02:29 AM
You're right, DJ. What instructions are available can be accessed through Help, where there should be a Pocket Excel topic. It is pretty brief, but so is the Pocket Excel feature set. Very limited functions and formatting are supported, nothing compared to the desktop version. It is a very barebones spreadsheet app.

Something to keep in mind with both Pocket Excel and Pocket Word. If you send a desktop version document to either, the unsupported features will be stripped off, which is fine if you just to want access the document information on your device. If you want to work on the documents on your device and send them back to your desktop, formatting and formula work not supported by the Pocket versions will be gone when it returns to your desktop.