View Full Version : Palm to Pocket PC for Mac Users

bilbo_baggins
10-17-2004, 12:54 PM
I'm a Mac user and have given up waiting for the Treo 650 because not only will it not have wifi, but it sounds likely that the PalmOne wifi card won't work with it either. AND if it did, apparently it wouldn't be possible to use wifi and bluetooth at the same time.

So, I'm just about to move to the PDA2K/M2000/MDA III, and will be getting Mark/Space Missing Sync for Pocket PC.

While Palm's do come with Mac syncing, it isn't a very elegant implementation, so I'm hoping that the Missing Sync will offer more comprehensive integration. I think the wifi connection will make file transfers etc easier too, and I've just read about remote desktop software to allow you to view and control your Mac's desktop from your pocket PC.

If anyone else has experience of moving from Palm to Pocket PC, who uses a Mac please report your experiences.

I'm not missing the wifi bandwagon, I've just installed an Airport card in my Mac and I'm ready to go!!!!

WolfUK
10-17-2004, 11:38 PM
I'm a Mac user too who should be getting my first PPC tomorrow. Since I'm initially getting one to compare it to my T3 I'm starting with an iPAQ 2210 plus a WiFi CF card because, although I have a wireless network at home I also live in the country so my WiFi use is somewhat limited.

I'm looking forward to trying The Missing Sync with iCal and Address Book (and with my work laptop which runs XP) but I will miss having my notes synchronised.

Anyway, I think that it would be useful if we swapped tips and tricks here and hopefully some other Mac users will join in with their comments and suggestions.

bilbo_baggins
10-24-2004, 08:52 PM
Not much going on in this forum...

I've found that there are other Mac users using the PDA2K on the Howard Forums. People have reported successful use of Missing Sync with the PDA2K.