View Full Version : hx4700 Touchpad

kitsune
10-17-2004, 03:03 AM
Hearing a lot of flak about the hx4700 touchpad, I was wondering if any 3rd is willing to make an accessory which snaps on the bottom and give you back the touchpad/buttons?

IanthePez
10-17-2004, 04:23 AM
If someone can either made that or a cheap bluetooth gamepad, i would be all over this pda.

Actually, now that I think about it, a cheap bluetooth pda gamepad would be something that would sell a lot...are there any out there and I just haven't noticed?

Deemo
10-20-2004, 03:09 AM
Actually I just came from Compusmart here in Calgary and the main reason I wanted to see it was to try the touchpad.

It seemed awkward at first but it seems to take awhile to get the settings the way you like.

I couldn't double tap with my thumb to save my life but found that tapping twice with my index finger worked quite well.

The flip cover is a bit odd - I don't know why they tinted it - possibly so you don't lose it easily but the left edge infringed on the screen somewhat.
Why do I still see myself with a case purchase down the road.

Still pondering the purchase.

Ripper014
10-20-2004, 06:59 AM
Actually I just came from Compusmart here in Calgary and the main reason I wanted to see it was to try the touchpad.

It seemed awkward at first but it seems to take awhile to get the settings the way you like.

I couldn't double tap with my thumb to save my life but found that tapping twice with my index finger worked quite well.

The flip cover is a bit odd - I don't know why they tinted it - possibly so you don't lose it easily but the left edge infringed on the screen somewhat.
Why do I still see myself with a case purchase down the road.

Still pondering the purchase.

I was just wondering if you went to the local London Drugs and checked out the Toshiba e830... which has 128mb of ram and USB host capabilities... at a cost of $699...

The Hp offers a little faster processor... and "Touchpad"... but is it worth the extra money... I am assuming that the Hp is more than $699...

jpf
10-21-2004, 12:48 AM
I think I'd have had a difficult time not choosing the e830 over the 4700. As it's officially unavailable in USA, having an e830 would have a certain amount of 'cred' as a rarity if nothing else.
I don't think the extra horsepower in the 4700 is all that noticeable.

JamesM
10-21-2004, 09:37 PM
Deemo wrote:

They tinted it so you wouldn't forget it's on and tap (or write on) the cover with your stylus :) . Even so, the screen is so bright, I've done it several times :oops:

I don't understand what you mean about the cover infringing on the screen. I flip it open like a book and never have that problem. The cover can be wrapped completely around the back or removed completely.

To the original topic, I'm getting used to the touchpad after adjusting the settings several times. It's definitely not as intuitive as a d-pad, and the one (slight) drawback I see to the device.
James