View Full Version : Agile Messenger 3.x

Darius Wey
10-16-2004, 08:55 AM
Released:
Agile Messenger 3.x

What's New:
# Brand new user interface
# ICQ, AOL and Yahoo now support alternative port numbers (25,80)
# Improved support for chinese characters in Nokia Series60 versions
# Push-to-Talk. You can now send voice messages from your phone
# Fixed AOL contactlist bug, that caused online contacts to show as offline
# Better ICQ support for Trillian

Agile Messenger Product Page:
http://www.agilemobile.com/agile_messenger.html

Agile Messenger Download Page:
http://www.agilemobile.com/downloads.html

Enjoy! :D

TopDog
10-16-2004, 11:12 AM
Today I run the standard MSN Messenger and PocketICQ Beta 1.

Anyone tried Agile on Pocket PC? is it a good alternative to run two clients?

Darius Wey
10-16-2004, 11:26 AM
It depends on what your wants and needs are. Some people generally prefer separate interfaces while some prefer the all-in-one approach.

You can give Agile a go. There's no harm in testing it out. It also comes with a today screen plugin to keep you notified.

JohnJohn
10-16-2004, 03:26 PM
I tried it on my 41xx. Worked pretty good. It kept dropping connections via my WiFi. It was weird AOl would stay connected but I would drop Yahoo and MSN or vis-versa.

I installed in my new 4705 and can't get it to connect."Unable to Connect" keep coming up while trying to set up each account. I am connected to my WiFi while tyring that. Anyone help me?

Darius Wey
10-16-2004, 03:32 PM
I tried it on my 41xx. Worked pretty good. It kept dropping connections via my WiFi. It was weird AOl would stay connected but I would drop Yahoo and MSN or vis-versa.

I installed in my new 4705 and can't get it to connect."Unable to Connect" keep coming up while trying to set up each account. I am connected to my WiFi while tyring that. Anyone help me?

Are you logged into the same MSN or Yahoo accounts on a remote computer?

Also, do you have a firewall that is blocking access to the remote servers?

JohnJohn
10-16-2004, 03:51 PM
I was using the @yahoo and @aol. :idea: I got those two working now.

However the @msn...which is usually required is not working for me.

Falstaff
10-17-2004, 09:31 PM
Today I run the standard MSN Messenger and PocketICQ Beta 1.

Anyone tried Agile on Pocket PC? is it a good alternative to run two clients?

I use Agile Messenger and love it. I can be browsing the web and I will get a pop up message that alerts me when I have a new IM (you can click on that po-up to take you to the chat), and it keeps all of your chats in tabs, so you can see them all at once. It also supports aliases, which I think is crucial to an IM client. I think it's a great program, connects easily and keeps the connection up, it helps me stay wake during certain classes... :D

Janak Parekh
10-18-2004, 05:51 AM
My dear Mr. Apod, this is the kind of stuff you can also submit to the news team. :P

I've assigned it already this time.

--janak

babykaye
10-18-2004, 06:31 AM
did any of you tried agile 3.x with a thumbboard ? Does it work now or is it still the same ?

Ultima
10-18-2004, 07:35 AM
I left my thumboard in my coat...which is at work, otherwise I would test it. The missing thumbboard compatability is what made the previous agile worthless for me.

Darius Wey
10-18-2004, 08:30 AM
My dear Mr. Apod, this is the kind of stuff you can also submit to the news team. :P

I've assigned it already this time.

--janak

You know, I haven't been very good at this over the past month or two.

Well, practice makes perfect...(eventually). :p

divajess
10-19-2004, 09:11 PM
When I tried the older version of Agile this weekend, it would close the program every time I tried to instant message someone using MSN Messenger. AIM and Yahoo! were fine. Did anyone else have this problem, and was it fixed by using the newest version?

I figure I'll give it a go when I get home, since it doesn't have a cab installer. Grrr!

gregmills
10-20-2004, 05:12 PM
I gave it a go last night. It worked fine except that it gave the person I was tolaking to several unecessary warnings (something about I might be incurring phone charges for the messages). Also when using Block Recognizer, if I tapped the predictive text it would complete the word and send the message.

Greg

stypejagon20s
07-11-2005, 05:45 AM
i found that people using aol program on their desktops wont get my IM from agile.. anyone on aim or trilian recieve mine... anyone else try this and have problems? i am using the i730

emuelle1
07-11-2005, 06:57 PM
I've been running Agile on my Dell x30 for a while. I haven't had any real problems with it, but I don't use it very much either. It works fine for Yahoo.