View Full Version : Need help formating hitachi 4g microdrive

topazing
10-15-2004, 08:42 PM
I have a ipaq 2215- when i put hitachi 4g microdrive it says unrecognizable device- are there drivers or format issues- hp support had no clue but i know its been done

newst
10-15-2004, 09:32 PM
Topazing,

As an initial reaction to people who were buying Muvo MP3 players at around $200.00 US to remove the Hitachi drive that was selling by itself for about $450.00 US, Hitachi issued drives for Muvo players that could not be formatted for Pocket PC use. If your drive is one of these you are pretty much out of luck.

On the other hand, if it is one of the original Hitachi drives, you can try using a CF reader with your desktop to reformat the drive to FAT 32. If the format works it should run in your Ipaq.

topazing
10-15-2004, 09:45 PM
my drive is from a muvo- however i have read of many people succeding with this route-how do you know that hitachi issued different nonformatable drives

newst
10-16-2004, 12:39 PM
my drive is from a muvo- however i have read of many people succeding with this route-how do you know that hitachi issued different nonformatable drives

Just do a search here or at Brighthand on the Hitachi microdrive, you'll find a number of threads that discuss this.