View Full Version : AC Adapter

Kati Compton
10-13-2004, 08:05 PM
Those lucky folks with the X50s or X50vs already - do you know if the AC adapter is the same as came with the X5 (or is compatible)?

ADBrown
10-13-2004, 10:38 PM
Those lucky folks with the X50s or X50vs already - do you know if the AC adapter is the same as came with the X5 (or is compatible)?

Yep, all the same. Same voltage, current, and tip.

msprague
10-21-2004, 01:47 AM
So is that the same as the tip on my Audiovox Maestro has? I have a car charger that I use with my Maestro that was labeled for iPaq 3600. Will that work with the X50v that I have on order?

Kati Compton
10-21-2004, 03:18 AM
So is that the same as the tip on my Audiovox Maestro has? I have a car charger that I use with my Maestro that was labeled for iPaq 3600. Will that work with the X50v that I have on order?

Not necessarily... That's from a different company, so it's less likely. You need to match several things for it to work. It needs to be able to supply enough current (that part is probably okay), have the right voltage, the right polarity, and the correctly-sized plug. It's the last three that are less likely. For example, if you see the "universal" power supplies like the I-Go, you'll notice that they come with a lot of tips, and they tell you how to put it on to get the correct polarity for your device.