View Full Version : Control an on-screen mouse cursor with direction pad???

Huy
10-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Hi,

Is there a software out there that will let me use my directional pad to control a mouse cursor (this software should also provide this mouse cursor as well).

If there is....it would be very useful for me to navigate links while I surf the net. Currently I have an ipaq h2215 case which doesn't let me at access my screen.

Brad Adrian
10-13-2004, 05:39 PM
I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that when you're using Pocket Internet Explorer with your 2200 you cannot tap on an on-screen hyperlink? If so, you don't need a mouse, you need to have your screen repaired. Do other applications allow you to interact with them the way they should?

Huy
10-13-2004, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for the confusion. My screen and pocket internet explorer works fine.

What I am asking is....if you're not allow (or don't want) to touch your screen for navigation is there software out there that will provide a mouse pointer to use it with your direction pad so you can navigate about.

Am I making any sense or do I need another beer.

Darius Wey
10-13-2004, 06:04 PM
What I am asking is....if you're not allow (or don't want) to touch your screen for navigation is there software out there that will provide a mouse pointer to use it with your direction pad so you can navigate about.

Am I making any sense or do I need another beer.

As an analogy...are we talking something like controlling a sniper's cross-hair with your X-Box gamepad? ;)

Sven Johannsen
10-13-2004, 06:34 PM
You are making sense to me, and there was such an app back in the Jornada 560 days. Have looked occaisionally again but no luck.

It's very possible though, A) it's been done before, B) My Targus IR Universal keyboard has a cursor button on the keyboard and a driver that lets you control a cursor on the screen with it.

Huy
10-13-2004, 08:07 PM
As an analogy...are we talking something like controlling a sniper's cross-hair with your X-Box gamepad? ;)

YES....right on!! That's exactly what I am seeking.

Huy
10-13-2004, 08:14 PM
You are making sense to me, and there was such an app back in the Jornada 560 days. Have looked occaisionally again but no luck.

It's very possible though, A) it's been done before, B) My Targus IR Universal keyboard has a cursor button on the keyboard and a driver that lets you control a cursor on the screen with it.

If there's such software, it would really come in handy to use it with a clear case http://www.pdadomain.com/pages/11522.html I just bought for my H2215.

(by the way the case is awesome and the store deliver fast with items priced fairly.)

Speedy64i
10-24-2004, 12:41 AM
There is a program called PIrazu that does that, i dont remember where to get it from, but it was available for free a while back.

You can do a search for it on the Brighthand forum, i know somebody has a link or file over there.