View Full Version : Pocket PC Phone - newest version recommendation & complaint with old one

csterns
10-13-2004, 01:02 PM
I purchased an XDAII in January 2004 and initially really liked it until annoying nuisance got the best of me - the BT connection stunk! I use a BT (Jabra 250) with it and the connection time from initiating a call to actual reception as slow to the point you never felt safe it was connecting. I would start the call with the Pocket PC Phone to me non-BT ear and wait for the connection to my BT Headset to connection. In some instances I would actually begin the conversation with it held to my ear and finish with the BT Headset (lapsed time would be first few words like; hold on a sec).

Then the corded connnection was a pain for few reasons. 1) I didn't want to be tethered, 2) I didn't like the connection location (bottom corner) and it seemed flimsy and with heavy usage might break leaving it useless (plus I had read some people had similar problems with that very situation).

So it's being used as a Pocket PC and I'm using a Nokia 6820 that provides instant BT connection and been wonderful. But I am miffed I have this expensive Pocket PC Phone and not getting my mileage out of it. I purchased it to CONVERGE.

Can anyone tell me if the newer units have better BT connection? Also, now with the introduction of VGA would I be better off waiting a while for a VGA unit? The other thing is memory storeage. The XDAII has 128 MB of memory which I really like for all my programs; like maps and GPS.

Thanks