View Full Version : cannot connect Pocket PC to home network

shaminda
10-13-2004, 03:04 AM
I am trying to connect my pocket pc to my home wireless network and I get the following error when I try to surf the web.

The page you are looking for cannot be found.

I see the two arrows at the top of my pocket pc showing it is connected, but I cannot surf the web. I have a D-Link DI-514 wireless router(802.11b) and Dell Axim X5 Pocket PC with Pocket PC 2003 operating system. My wireless card for my Pocket Pc is compact flash Dell TrueMobile 1180. On the router I am using default as my SSID. It works fine to my work wireless network. My laptop connects to the wireless router without doing any configuration on the pc. What should I do to make it work?

Jereboam
10-13-2004, 03:41 AM
Try manually inputting the DNS settings for your ISP on your Pocket PC...

Let me know if that works...or not...

J'bm

shaminda
10-13-2004, 09:42 PM
where do I enter the DNS address on my Pocket PC. I searched, but couldn't find it.

Jereboam
10-13-2004, 10:18 PM
Tap your connection icon, then Settings, the Advanced tab, Network Card, click on your adapter (eg iPaq USB Wireless Adapter) and then the Name Servers tab - that's where you put in your DNS entries supplied by your ISP.

Phew. Zero config? Hah!

J'bm

shaminda
10-16-2004, 04:07 AM
I entered the DNS address but it still doesn't work

Cybrid
10-22-2004, 05:49 PM
I am trying to connect my pocket pc to my home wireless network and I get the following error when I try to surf the web.

The page you are looking for cannot be found.

I see the two arrows at the top of my pocket pc showing it is connected, but I cannot surf the web. I have a D-Link DI-514 wireless router(802.11b) and Dell Axim X5 Pocket PC with Pocket PC 2003 operating system. My wireless card for my Pocket Pc is compact flash Dell TrueMobile 1180. On the router I am using default as my SSID. It works fine to my work wireless network. My laptop connects to the wireless router without doing any configuration on the pc. What should I do to make it work?
You're almost there. You don't need DNS info in there....What is most probable is that you have gotten a valid IP address yet. www.cam.com to obtain the free VxIPConfig. Use this to relaese and renew the IP. Once you see an IP of 192.168.1.xxx you are set.

JPD6825
10-30-2004, 06:09 AM
I wonder if you have an interaction of a somewhat weak broadcast from the router and a mediocre antenna in your wireless card. Try this: place and hold a finger on the part of the wireless card extending out from the PPC or even grasp it between thumb and index finger - become one with the antenna. See if your connection is suddenly successful. Believe it or not - I've seen it work. If / when this demo works for you - I think you'll be off to replace one of the pieces of hardware. My first suspicion would be the router - since you say the PPC works OK at work - but that suggestion may not be worth a full two cents.